Great news on the Fountain at Epcot!

jay_london

It seems strange to me that these large water fountains do not recirculate the pumped water. If this is mains water it would use ar too much water. I think somwone has it wrong somewhere

MrPromey

Originally posted by jay_london
It seems strange to me that these large water fountains do not recirculate the pumped water. If this is mains water it would use ar too much water. I think somwone has it wrong somewhere

I’m sure they do recirculate it but a lot of water would be lost to evaporation and to being shot outside of the fountain area. On days of even the most calm of winds, you can always feel a mist from one side or another when they are doing the shows… The way that article puts it, they do make it sound like they just flush it once it's been used once, though, don't they?

disneydentist

Originally posted by jay_london

What they are probably trying to say is that the water from most of the fountains is eventually drained into the storm sewer system rather than the waste water system. This means that any overflow and drainage is essentially wasted since the storm sewer water isn't recycled.

Al

i doubt that they recycle the water, without EVER changing it, or it would get really dirty, and that wouldnt be nice for it to be blowing in the face of guests!

MrPromey

Well, if it's filtered properly, that shouldn't be an issue. It's not like they would really be replacing it with "new" water or anything. Heck, the water you drink has probably passed through the body of many animals over the course of time… Now there's a fun thought, eh? :)

Al

yes, thats a thought, because all water (well most of it) gets recycled, hey... anybody who has a drink today...you could be drinking some water that Eisner drank... Spit it out!

disneydentist

Originally posted by Alberrisford
i doubt that they recycle the water, without EVER changing it, or it would get really dirty, and that wouldnt be nice for it to be blowing in the face of guests!

ALL fountains eventually drain and change the water along with cleaning the sides and bottom. in this regard the fountains at Disney are no different than the ones at your local mall. Filtering simply increases, greatly, the amount of time between water changes.

WDW-Imagineer

I would assume that any water from the fountain is drained into World Showcase Lagoon... just like the water that is accumulated in the drain system of Spaceship Earth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom