Great news about skyliner....good bye to an annoyance..

UNCgolf

I hate the gondolas anyways and don't have any interest in ever using them again (I'd avoid staying at the resorts that expect people to rely on them for transport), but being forced to ride with other people would make it that much worse. It's different than something like a bus because they're so intimate.

Joel

I hate the gondolas anyways and don't have any interest in ever using them again (I'd avoid staying at the resorts that expect people to rely on them for transport), but being forced to ride with other people would make it that much worse. It's different than something like a bus because they're so intimate.
Dude, I've literally had peoples' butts in my face on a bus.

UpAllNight

Do you just generally not like change? I fail to see how a private gondola, taking in nice views of the resort is worse than sitting on a bus...ever.

We'll stay at a Gondola resort for the convenience every single time rather than waiting for a packed bus. We stayed at CB, and visited Epcot and DHS most often, because of that convenience. We barely visited AK and MK - and when we did, we booked an Uber.

People are strangely nostalgic for the busses, but they're absolutely awful.

Lilofan

Exactly. I will also be happy to sit in silence, or just talk to the people I'm with. I'm a huge introvert, and even I hate how antisocial our society has become.
What also made people anti social is the new idiot box ( not the tube TV back in the day but the smart phone ). Some guests won't even make eye contact / look at others instead they bury their faces into their personal idiot box .

UNCgolf

What's your point? Buses aren't intimate the way the gondolas are; it's a completely different thing with different expectations. The gondolas are designed for a very small group with the facing benches -- it's a bit silly to compare them to buses (as well as things like subways) that are intended to carry dozens of people in one larger space.

Do you just generally not like change? I fail to see how a private gondola, taking in nice views of the resort is worse than sitting on a bus...ever.

We'll stay at a Gondola resort for the convenience every single time rather than waiting for a packed bus. We stayed at CB, and visited Epcot and DHS most often, because of that convenience. We barely visited AK and MK - and when we did, we booked an Uber.

People are strangely nostalgic for the busses, but they're absolutely awful.

No, I don't like the gondolas. I'm not sure what change has to do with it. I don't enjoy buses either, but they're 1000x better than the gondolas -- they are the worst form of transit to me. I don't intend to ever stay at a Skyliner resort for that reason (Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht excepted, because you don't need to use the gondolas there).

I don't understand this pushback. Are people offended that I don't like them? It's not like I'm saying they should be torn down or everyone else who likes them are wrong. I just personally think they are terrible.

dreday3

What's your point? Buses aren't intimate the way the gondolas are; it's a completely different thing with different expectations. The gondolas are designed for a very small group with the facing benches -- it's a bit silly to compare them to buses (as well as things like subways) that are intended to carry dozens of people in one larger space.

No, I don't like the gondolas. I'm not sure what change has to do with it. I don't enjoy buses either, but they're 1000x better than the gondolas -- they are the worst form of transit to me. I don't intend to ever stay at a Skyliner resort for that reason (Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht excepted, because you don't need to use the gondolas there).

I don't understand this pushback. Are people offended that I don't like them? It's not like I'm saying they should be torn down or everyone else who likes them are wrong. I just personally think they are terrible.

Nothing wrong with having your own preferences! You aren't imposing on anyone.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

Me too.

B1354F14-6CE7-486E-AE2B-7ED3032EF171.jpeg

It was great!

disneyfireman

Original Poster
Pro tip: if you’re the first group to board and sharing with another, go to the end of the gondola and sit facing each other on both benches instead of sitting in a row on one bench. Will save the awkward staring at each other thing.
Ah. Just talk to the other people. That’s what people do. Talk. Like in lines. Etc.

disneyfireman

Original Poster
?? That makes no sense. Just chat with other people. I just got back. Talked to us Americans. Brits. Scots and a couple from Argentina….

Joel

What's your point? Buses aren't intimate the way the gondolas are; it's a completely different thing with different expectations.
I thought my point was pretty obvious: I've been in far more "intimate" situations on other forms of transportation than I have on the Skyliner, where at least everyone is sitting down. What any of them were "intended" for (just according to you, apparently) doesn't matter a whole lot when you're packed like sardines into the Pop Century bus to MK in the morning and feeling unknown body parts pressed against you.

No one is offended that you hate the gondolas. I just don't necessarily agree that they're inherently more "intimate" when I have been afforded far less personal space on buses and monorails at times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom