Great Movie Ride revised - warning

BuzzLIghtYear2010

Original Poster
While this is old news, parents should be aware that the early scenes, and even the queue film are too dark for most preschoolers. If their favorites are the level of Disney Junior or Chuggington, I would keep them off of this one.

BuzzLIghtYear2010

Original Poster
My point is SOME children may not appreciate violent death portrayed graphically. Your reply states categorically that ALL children are ready for this, not allowing for individual differences. The readers can judge which advice is the worst.

BuzzLIghtYear2010

Original Poster
In the queue, just before we load onto the cars. It is the final scene from Public Enemy, where Cagney dies in the gutter. There is more violence in the early parts of the ride.

StarWarsGirl

While this is old news, parents should be aware that the early scenes, and even the queue film are too dark for most preschoolers. If their favorites are the level of Disney Junior or Chuggington, I would keep them off of this one.
Hence the sign outside warning that the attraction may be frightening for children.

DiSnEyF@n

Took my 2 year old on this 2 weeks ago and while I would never skip this ride, I did have to shield her from some scenes in the queue and on the ride. No harm no foul. A warning would definitely be appropriate if you plan on taking young children, but I wouldn't skip it.

BrianV

The alien is terrifying!! Even as an adult--as an Alien fan I've endured/enjoyed many alien nightmares. However, unless you are right under it it isn't so bad. I did prewarn my kids when they were little and shielded them a bit.

Weather_Lady

As with any attraction you haven't experienced before or don't remember well, my advice is that if you're taking young children, do a little recon ahead of time -- watch a POV video of the attraction on Youtube, and make a judgment call as to whether it's suitable for your particular child (or whether some well-timed covering of their eyes is necessary during a scene or two).

RememberWhen

I appreciate the warning. We're going with DS4 in September and probably won't be doing DHS with him due to the soldiers with guns marching around.
I understand that a lot of people let their kids watch anything, but not all families make the same choices.
Thanks for the heads up.

bpadair32

I appreciate the warning. We're going with DS4 in September and probably won't be doing DHS with him due to the soldiers with guns marching around.
I understand that a lot of people let their kids watch anything, but not all families make the same choices.
Thanks for the heads up.

I do not let my kids watch anything, but I do let them watch SW. Please watch with the insinuations that those of us who let are kids watch SW aren't up to some perfect parenting standard.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Thanks for the heads up.

Soldiers? You mean Stormtroopers? Your kids aren't going to join the Dark Side of the Force if they see Star Wars, I can assure you.

The Great Movie Ride has always had scenes where it was dark, and when I think of "violent deaths" I think of blood and gore. The ride has none of that.

RememberWhen

I do not let my kids watch anything, but I do let them watch SW. Please watch with the insinuations that those of us who let are kids watch SW aren't up to some perfect parenting standard.
I apologize. Truly.
I was feeling a bit defensive about this:
This is the worst advice I've ever heard... tgmr is a very friendly for all ages ride.
There are so many things that are deemed "friendly for all ages" because they are not active fast rides. For my family that's not true.
I made a bad choice of words.

RememberWhen

Soldiers? You mean Stormtroopers? Your kids aren't going to join the Dark Side of the Force if they see Star Wars, I can assure you.

The Great Movie Ride has always had scenes where it was dark, and when I think of "violent deaths" I think of blood and gore. The ride has none of that.
Yes. I mean storm troopers. While I agree that watching the movie isn't bad, I do know that it's not appropriate for my four year old. And we don't ride TGMR because of the gun scene and the alien scene. For my family those make this ride inappropriate. I appreciate someone else noting that although this ride is accessible to all ages it may not be appropriate for everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom