Great Movie Ride EXPLOSION Scene?

walee

Original Poster
the scene right after the ganster boards the train with you in the great movie ride where its supposed to be the old west or something, there used to be a explosion there, does anyone know what happened, why dont they do it anymore? i'm sure it would make the ride a lot more exciting lol

walee

Original Poster
thats pretty amazing because i've been a CM at hollywood for almost a year now and i've been on gmr a number of times and i've never seen that before, i always go by it sad that its not exploding, i wonder why its so random that they use it?

aka_emilicious

Maybe costs for propane? I've definitely seen it within the last year. You can "show request" it if their using it, but I think it's used mostly during the busy times.

I know of one CM who sometimes posts on these boards who's worked on GMR, hopefully she'll see this thread and have a better answer, lol.

Chape19714

It's not broken. Only some trains get the sequence. You can be taken over by a gangster (New York) or a Robber (Western). Only the Western robber sequence has the explosion. As trams are removed throughout the day, they pull from the western trams first. Best bet...go early and ask the cast member at greeter if you can request the western robber.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Yeah, you have to request to be in the western scene if you want to see that. In my experience, that's the more difficult of the two scenes to "get", but I prefer it because the gangster's always have absolutely hellacious accents that sound nothing like anyone from New York.

JimboJones123

Saw it today on the 4th of July. Front guide cars get it. Back don't.

I did notice that instead of halting in the Oz scene, we just took the Tarzan scene VERY slow and Fantasia scene pretty slow as well.

It feels really long without them being able to add to the Tarzan scene script.

But, heading into a LIVE Oz scene was really cool. For as long as I can remember, first car justs sits there 1-2 minutes while tour guide 2 catches up.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Saw it today on the 4th of July. Front guide cars get it. Back don't.

I did notice that instead of halting in the Oz scene, we just took the Tarzan scene VERY slow and Fantasia scene pretty slow as well.

It feels really long without them being able to add to the Tarzan scene script.

But, heading into a LIVE Oz scene was really cool. For as long as I can remember, first car justs sits there 1-2 minutes while tour guide 2 catches up.

It's soooooo awkward when they don't time the arrival in the Oz scene right. I have no idea what the logistics of it are, but I've definitely been in cars that have arrived early too early (where we just sat there), or too late, where we didn't even SEE the Oz scene, we just drove on through (which was REALLY weird).

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
As I understand it, the western scene only runs when they increase the number of cars running to increase capacity. So it only happens when the GMR queue is really crowded.

The last WDWCelebrations event I attended, we had a large enough group to request they run the extra cars for it. We waited quite a while [presumably while they suited up a cowboy] and then they loaded us into the front rows of the front car of four [instead of the usual two]. It was the first and only time I've ever seen it.

Kobe!!

thats pretty amazing because i've been a CM at hollywood for almost a year now and i've been on gmr a number of times and i've never seen that before, i always go by it sad that its not exploding, i wonder why its so random that they use it?

So what you really mean to say is your a CP and you just started in May. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Slipknot

For as long as I can remember, first car justs sits there 1-2 minutes while tour guide 2 catches up.

Vehicle one waits in front of Casablanca scene after going the slowest speed through Tarzan and waits for visual contact of vehicle two. Only other thing that can cause a vehicle to stay in Casablanca when the second vehicle has caught up is the red light telling the CM it isn't clear in Oz.

Pioneer Hall

Like others have said, it has everything to do with capacity. If the ride is crowded enough where they need to load two vehicles at a time then they will run the western takeover as well. When I was there on July 4th in the evening, they weren't even running the cowboy scene since it was a walk on.

joanna71985

Like others have said, it has everything to do with capacity. If the ride is crowded enough where they need to load two vehicles at a time then they will run the western takeover as well. When I was there on July 4th in the evening, they weren't even running the cowboy scene since it was a walk on.

We had 3 vehicles running during most of the day (up until 7:30-8pm). However, they didn't come back up after we reopened after the fireworks

flynnibus

Premium Member
As I understand it, the western scene only runs when they increase the number of cars running to increase capacity. So it only happens when the GMR queue is really crowded.

that's not it

I rode on june 14th and got the western scene and there were about 15 people in the whole set of vehicles :)

we walked all the way down to the front row of the theatre and almost immediately into load.

park was moderately crowded.. but GMR wasn't at all.

joanna71985

that's not it

I rode on june 14th and got the western scene and there were about 15 people in the whole set of vehicles :)

we walked all the way down to the front row of the theatre and almost immediately into load.

park was moderately crowded.. but GMR wasn't at all.

You are correct. GMR can run the western show during less busy times (there just won't be as many vehicles running, or up as long during the day).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom