great grocery delivery service

fascion216

Original Poster
i dont know if any of you are familiar with it, but i used this service on my last trip to disney and am planning on using it again on my next trip this coming october. the website is www.gardengrocer.com for a $12 delivery fee you can choose from around 5,000 grocery items to have delivered to your disney hotel room. last time, we picked things like bottled water, juice, and snacks to keep in our room. this saved us so much money not having to eat every meal and snack at the parks! hope some of you find this helpful! :sohappy:

sissa216

hmmm may have to think about this...
I'm looking for somewhere just to get
some quick breakfast things/snacks;
but especially few cases of water!!

we're currently debating just renting a car
and making a quick run, which would
also help from being totally dependant
on their busses (sometimes I love Disney transportation,
but other times I can't stand wasting what adds
up to be several hours of precious vacation
time waiting for the busses, and then
often not even getting a seat!! :hurl:)

WDWmom64055

Just curious, how do deliveries work?

I want to use this service, but hate to give up our first evening there to sit around and wait for a delivery kid.

Do they let you pick the time of the delivery? How late in the day will they do this?

BigKahuna

I used them on our trip last October. The groceries arrived before our room
was ready! Everything was there, and I will use them again! :sohappy:

CatsMeow

You don't have to wait around for the delivery. They will call you right around the time you are scheduled for your delivery - cell phone - and they will leave it with bell services. Bell services will deliver it for you later; you may want to give them a heads-up first. We used them last month and were very pleased. Without a car, the service cannot be beat and the prices are much better than those at WDW! :sohappy:

DisneyPrincess'

I'm going to be arriving in Orlando next Tuesday and I definitely want to take advantage of getting groceries delivered. I'm staying in a time share resort type property, and we are going straight to the studios when we arrive on Tuesday. Do you know how late they deliver? I'm guessing we will be back by 6 since its our first day there.

DisneyWeather!

I'm going to be arriving in Orlando next Tuesday and I definitely want to take advantage of getting groceries delivered. I'm staying in a time share resort type property, and we are going straight to the studios when we arrive on Tuesday. Do you know how late they deliver? I'm guessing we will be back by 6 since its our first day there.

Not sure what latest delivery is, probably says on the website, but as stated above, it can be left with the bell services and picked up at your leisure. Definitely worth the 12 bucks as you don't spend in the parks and you don't waste time shopping for groceries during your vacation. Will be using again in August!

Bri1121

I wish I knew this last time we went!! We waste $$ on renting a car just to go to the store!! Sigh.....live and learn!

Thx for this great tip

redshoesrock

Do the Flordia grocery store sell beer and wine?? Or do you have to go to a special store??

Yes, Florida grocery stores sell beer and wine. If you want something stronger, they have dedicated "liquor stores" built into the grocery store. I don't believe the local Super Wal-marts have liquor stores; your best bet is the nearest Publix grocery store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom