Great-grandmother arrested for having CBD oil at Walt Disney World

mkt

Maleante Izquierdozo
Premium Member
Original Poster
Via Inside the Magic

A 69-year-old woman from North Carolina looking to enjoy a magical trip to Walt Disney World with her family was arrested in front of Magic Kingdom after being in possession of CBD oil, which was recommended to her by a North Carolina doctor.
This is ridiculous... it's legal on a federal level, decriminalized in Orange County, and easily obtainable across the state. The OCSO and Disney Security overstepped their bounds.

Janir

Advertisement
It's illegal in Florida with out prescription. She had a doctors note not a prescription.
Sucks, but know the rules of where you are going folks. Some may not be as obvious as you think.

larryz

Gold Star Duck
Premium Member
This is ridiculous... it's legal on a federal level, decriminalized in Orange County, and easily obtainable across the state. The OCSO and Disney Security overstepped their bounds.
Not really -- the deputy was enforcing the law as it's written. However, the prosecutor has discretion to drop the whole matter... which he did. Charges were dropped and a bill is being processed to make CBD oil legal in Florida.

So this item is, essentially, a hurricane in a bathtub.

Granma's lucky Disney didn't try to charge her for the "Magical Detention, Arrest, and Booking Experience."

ABQ

Not really -- the deputy was enforcing the law as it's written. However, the prosecutor has discretion to drop the whole matter... which he did. Charges were dropped and a bill is being processed to make CBD oil legal in Florida.

Granma's lucky Disney didn't try to charge her for the "Magical Detention, Arrest, and Booking Experience."
Agreed. Now I'll just wait till this thread really goes off as it's likely to do.

ImperfectPixie

GOOD. I'm of the opinion that it should have been a no-brainer to just warn her and let her go.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Change one detail and your argument flies out the window.

My revolver is legal on a federal level, legal in Florida, easily obtainable across Florida, and I have a valid permit to carry. That doesn't mean I can take my gun to Epcot.

TrainChasers

On one side... you should know the laws and be prepared for anyone to blow anything out of proportion. But on the other hand... this seems pretty extreme.

I regularly carry in enzymes and probiotics into the parks... do I need to carry a prescription? Of course those don’t contain an illegal in the state ingredient so I don’t know.... just seems like something you wouldn’t want in the news. Makes your state seem really behind the times and backwards.

matt9112

Change one detail and your argument flies out the window.

My revolver is legal on a federal level, legal in Florida, easily obtainable across Florida, and I have a valid permit to carry. That doesn't mean I can take my gun to Epcot.
does disney have a writtem policy directly concerning this oil? or is it just persumed because illegal in state? since they have a formal policy against firearms.

Top Bottom