Great Breakfast alternative- Garden Grill

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
Looking for recommendations about what is your favorite place to grab breakfast. Either in park or not. Can be at a hotel.

My family's favorite breakfast point was normally breakfast at the garden grill, but but sadly, that looks like it will not be a thing this time. Most days we rope drop, But we have a lot of lazy days planned into our next trip.

I'm curious what's your Favorite place to grab breakfast? I would desperately prefer to stay away from character meet and greet buffet. Family style meals with characters are OK. Just really prefer to stay away from the buffets.

I'm just looking for 1 or 2 special ones.

harryk

Garden Grill is an excellent choice- if relaxed atmosphere is what you seek.
Whispering Canyon is really nice - but can be a little raucous at times if the cast/wait staff is into it.
Either of the hotels just outside EPCOT, World Showcase are really good.

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
Well at the moment Garden Grill isn't even doing breakfast. That used to be our favorite. 😭

I'll look into whispering Canyon, I've never been to wilderness lodge.

Tom 55

When free Disney dining was a thing. I loved to go to Crystal Palace for breakfast with a reservation before the park opened. So I could walk down Main Street without any crowds. Now I like the Sleepy Hollow Mickey waffles with strawberrys and whipped cream.

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
When free Disney dining was a thing. I loved to go to Crystal Palace for breakfast with a reservation before the park opened. So I could walk down Main Street without any crowds. Now I like the Sleepy Hollow Mickey waffles with strawberrys and whipped cream.
Ohh, sounds yummy!

carriebeth

Been to cape May’s breakfast a few times since they opened it back up. I really enjoy it. It’s family style. I like they give you both Mickey waffles and French toast. They also make you omelets if you wish. Plenty more they bring out as well. I liked the older basket of pastries than the cinnamon bread they are currently doing but it’s still a great breakfast choice.
Whispering canyon and trails end do family style breakfast that are similar in both items and quality I think.
Boma is back open and buffet without characters. Boma used to be one of our favorite breakfasts but we haven’t made it back since it’s reopening. Have a reservation in a little over a week.
ale and compass have some good looking options for order off menu breakfast but we haven’t fit that in yet either.

JIMINYCR

We like going to Gastons Tavern in MK and getting a huge Cinnamon bun... with extra icing. It can be a filling choice for one and depending on how much you eat, enough for 2 to share.
At POFQ I usually order the sausage and biscuits with a side of bacon. Or the breakfast platter.

UNCgolf

The Boma buffet is the best breakfast on property IMO (or at least it used to be pre-COVID), but it is a buffet (obviously). There are no characters, though.

danyoung56

Our favorite breakfast pre-Covid was at Tusker House in AK. They are currently open for breakfast but it is family style, not buffet like it used to be.

Another vote for this. Get a rez about 30 to 45 minutes before rope drop. That way you'll be ahead of the crowds when the park is opened.

UNCgolf

Another vote for this. Get a rez about 30 to 45 minutes before rope drop. That way you'll be ahead of the crowds when the park is opened.

I think the Tusker House breakfast and the Boma breakfast were identical, except that Tusker House has characters.

If Tusker House is family style right now, I'm guessing Boma is a much better option considering it's still buffet. Family style likely eliminated most of the interesting options.

Mickey5150

Les Halles in France is my favorite breakfast spot. Grabbing some French pastries and coffee and then relaxing along a quiet street in Paris. Unfortunately I fear the Rat and extra magic mornings may ruin that peaceful atmosphere.

mf1972

C7397108-F667-4F0A-837A-C652E8517F92.jpeg

baguette french toast at pofq. battered & deep fried baguette & then dipped in cinnamon sugar. sweet & crunchy, & the baguette soaked up the oil a little bit. it was good, but i wanted to see a cardiologist afterwards 🤪. the resort is also good for their beignets. another good breakfast item.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well at the moment Garden Grill isn't even doing breakfast. That used to be our favorite. 😭

I'll look into whispering Canyon, I've never been to wilderness lodge.
Another vote for WCC if you want a TS. If you make an early ARD on your EPCOT day you'll have time for breakfast and rope drop
Where are you staying?

Diamond Dot

Go to Sanaa for breakfast. You don't get characters, but, you get wonderful views of the wildlife if you get a seat by the window (I've never had a problem getting one) and the food is great at QS prices, you can even use your refillable mug. I get a bus to AK then hop across to Kidani Lodge and afterwards you can go onto the balcony for an even better view. It's my favourite breakfast at WDW.

gmajew

Premium Member
Garden Grill overall is awesome…. Other breakfast options the Disney Rivera breakfast this past trip was really good. Surprising good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom