Great article by Robert Iger in Vanity Fair

Lilofan

It will never happen...but it would be best.

Disney does NOT have unsustained profit potential...which means corners will be increasingly cut.

One question that is never asked is this: what do we assume that stock markets are “inherently good”?

I feel like that more of doctrine/dogma issue now that it is an analysis of just how unwieldy of a monster they have become.
Stock markets when invested long term have improved the lives of many including my family and I. Yes, it's all net worth on paper, but if one learns to manage it long term and understand withdrawal lingo.. I make sure my money works harder than me even though I enjoy hard work. 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Stock markets when invested long term have improved the lives of many including my family and I. Yes, it's all net worth on paper, but if one learns to manage it long term and understand withdrawal lingo.. I make sure my money works harder than me even though I enjoy hard work. 😎
That’s great...but I’m not talking about the theory of stock markets. I get that.

I’m saying that we should question how they’ve “Evolved”...particularly over the last 50 years. That’s a different question altogether if we look forward.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Insider trading - welcome to Wall Street
Well there’s that...

But I meant the 80s- present breakdown of institutional blocks/norms that encourage “gambling” with other people’s money without fear of penalty/retribution.

There’s no doubt the American banks defrauded the entire system and public in the housing crash. The markets drove it. They knew there was no value and made egregious profits off it. Nobody paid a price. I feel like that’s a Waterloo moment that will lead to greater catastrophe.

But I’m an optimist 🤪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom