Grandma decided to go, can we use her pin code?

minniemickeyfan

So my mom keeps getting pin codes and she has gone to Disney with us before. She got one for dates during our trip now starting Jan 3 for free dining. We were talking and she thought if she came she could be a big help with our 1 year old and she would "fit" in our room now. My question is could the pin code be used by adding her to the trip? I want to pay for it though as I see we are already going and she would be a big help.
What if I complicate things a little more and she would arrive Jan 5 and us Jan 3rd? Would I even be allowed to check in without her? I'm thinking to use her pin everything would be with her as the main person and her address and i cant check in without her. I'm not sure if this is even worth the trouble but maybe it's easier than I think. Any thoughts? Your help is much appreciated!!

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
We used a pin code assigned to my mom once. She had to be present at check in with ID. It was a few years ago. Everything was linked to her-emails, credit card, etc. It was a hassle but it saved us 100's.
Thanks. It sounds like a big hassle and my mom would have to arrive 2 days after us, so this may not work. But I might be able to add her to our current package.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Another thing to consider is park tickets. Usually with a free dining pin you have to buy a minimum of certain day park tickets to take advantage of the pin code. If your mom isn't coming until two days later, you have two choices. Either buy 2 day park tickets for you and your family for the first two days which could be very expensive or not have park tickets at all for the first two days. This is assuming of course you don't already have tickets you can use.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

For us, it wasn't an issue as my mom was with us from the beginning to the end. It was A hassle as all the information was going through her and she isn't the Disney planner that I am. In the end it was worth it. We have run into the park ticket situation when arriving a couple days before a promo code took effect. We opted to see the other things Disney has to offer without actually going to a park and enjoy resort dining locations. It was actually a nice deviation from our typical trip.

I'm really going to go out on a limb here and suggest that if you're going to save so much money by doing the free dining a couple of days later, you could use the savings to visit that other fabulous park in Orlando, Universal Studios.:p

Upvote 0

ginadee

I had my trip booked for my boyfriend and I. He got the pin in the mail for free dining. Im surprised I couldn't just add it but they just had to cancel and rebook under his name. Im still the one doing the planning and receiving all the info in mail, email etc...I would definitely make use of the pin and just book it as 2 separate bookings. One when you arrive and the other under your moms. Im sure if you call they can figure it all out for you.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

So my mom keeps getting pin codes and she has gone to Disney with us before. She got one for dates during our trip now starting Jan 3 for free dining. We were talking and she thought if she came she could be a big help with our 1 year old and she would "fit" in our room now. My question is could the pin code be used by adding her to the trip? I want to pay for it though as I see we are already going and she would be a big help.
What if I complicate things a little more and she would arrive Jan 5 and us Jan 3rd? Would I even be allowed to check in without her? I'm thinking to use her pin everything would be with her as the main person and her address and i cant check in without her. I'm not sure if this is even worth the trouble but maybe it's easier than I think. Any thoughts? Your help is much appreciated!!

I would call and talk to them first. If she has to be there and she absolutely can not be there until 2 days later, I would make a reservation in your name for 2 days and then in hers for the rest (of course depending on how much you would save). I think she has to be there at check in. I got one in my dads name one (which is weird because he hasn't been in a decade) and I used his, but his name is my middle and last name.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
Thanks for all the suggestions! I think what we're going to do is keep our own package. Then my mom is going to book her own pkg with her own pin code so she can have her own room just so everyone's not so cramped. I'm getting a pretty good deal booking the the families with little ones pkg (it's a little cheaper too than Stay play and dine that I originally booked too)
By the way I used to get pin codes all the time, then all of a sudden no more!

Upvote 0

ginadee

Ive never gotten a pin code. I am single and every time Ive gone to Disney its been with different people. Dad, girlfriends, guy friends, boyfriend etc...I am the one that gets people to go, make all the plans, does all the bookings etc...Twice I have received a pin in email or mail with one of their names on it so therefore I could not use it. Now my boyfriend just got one so this time all we had to do was change the name on the reservation.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Original Poster
Ive never gotten a pin code. I am single and every time Ive gone to Disney its been with different people. Dad, girlfriends, guy friends, boyfriend etc...I am the one that gets people to go, make all the plans, does all the bookings etc...Twice I have received a pin in email or mail with one of their names on it so therefore I could not use it. Now my boyfriend just got one so this time all we had to do was change the name on the reservation.
Several years ago I got pin codes to my email with my moms name on it. I called Disney and told them that this is my email(the email was my name) and therefore I should be able to use it since it was sent to me. After putting me on hold they let me use it. Twice this happened and then they got the address corrected.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom