Grand Villa Stays Qualify For Extra Fastpasses

rudyjr13

Original Poster

rudyjr13

Original Poster
I was going to give this a thumb's up or a love, but then read that it qualifies one for the privilege of purchasing extra fastpasses. Oh, brother.

It's weird right? It has to be such a small percentage of their guests that are staying at a grand villa. Unless of course this is just the start before rolling it out to other DVC guests. There have been signs of this coming for awhile though on these boards. To limit to grand villa guests is where I am confused.

Bocabear

It's weird right? It has to be such a small percentage of their guests that are staying at a grand villa. Unless of course this is just the start before rolling it out to other DVC guests. There have been signs of this coming for awhile though on these boards. To limit to grand villa guests is where I am confused.
With the cost of a Grand Villa they should give you a few extra fast passes...especially since it is such a small percentage of the DVC guests...When I saw they wanted to charge $50 for extra fastpasses it all made sense... This is the beginning of the entire Fastpass system being monetized folks...
Get ready...It will probably hit in time for the 50th celebration... This was probably the plan all along....get people used to using the system and then gradually start charging for extra passes and then finally a charge for each fastpass...

nickys

Premium Member

It’s already in place for any club level guest, including DVC club level. Can’t recall if the bungalows and cabins qualify, but since GVs are now included I’m going with a yes.

rudyjr13

Original Poster
We should be hearing something pretty soon on this, although some of that depends on what happens to Galaxy's Edge wait times - or lack of.

Any chance it will be like Disneyland’s up charge Maxpass system? Experiencing that system for the first time a week and a half ago was a pleasant experience.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I’m not worried. They are almost at the point where the incredibly simple WDW vacation will create enough linkages on the flowchart that the database will become self aware and extra fastpasses will be delivered to all that it (the database will name itself Chlamydia to the confusion of future historians) deems worthy. Fastpasses will be distributed to the unworthy as well, but the first ride will be a one way ticket for those folk, if you know what I mean.

DisneyCane

Unfortunately, when they go full bore on this, it will likely be the end of me buying APs. Even if they still give you 3 reservations for free, if they are selling extras to people willing to pay, a passholder that doesn't stay on site won't be able to ever get a desired pass. I'm not going to pay extra to be able to do some rides without standby. I'm also not waiting an hour to ride space mountain for the 500th time in my life.

Capsin4

Before really experiencing Express Pass at universal, I thought it was inferior to FP+, but now I feel differently. I would never pay to get express directly, but can’t see not staying at a resort that includes it. If charging is coming, they need to do something similar and include a certain number based on your resort. It can become a better experience for people that use it and generate revenue at the same time.

KingdomofDreams

Universal has had it right all along. Express Pass is so simple and stress free. No scheduling, no pre-planning required at all. Just show up at the park whenever you want and enter the EP line at any EP attraction as you come to it. I've never understood why Disney has to make it so complicated and stressful for their guests.

danv3

Universal has had it right all along. Express Pass is so simple and stress free. No scheduling, no pre-planning required at all. Just show up at the park whenever you want and enter the EP line at any EP attraction as you come to it. I've never understood why Disney has to make it so complicated and stressful for their guests.

Because FP+ is for Disney, not for guests. It’s to allow them to balance loads across the parks and to better allow them to plan for labor costs. EP would be the exact opposite of what Disney wants.

Jon81uk

Any chance it will be like Disneyland’s up charge Maxpass system? Experiencing that system for the first time a week and a half ago was a pleasant experience.

WDW effectively already has MaxPass in FP+ as all FastPasses are booked on the app/web. Just at WDW they are currently booked 30/60 days out.

Jon81uk

Because FP was a free system that enabled you to take a return time and come back. FP+ built on that by allowing times to be scheduled.
Express Pass only works because you pay for it. If everyone had access for free then the express queue has every guest in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom