Grand Plan

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Maybe someone else knows exactly what you're talking about and can help more but I do recall glass photo blocks that had your photo somehow in it. I think it was available at EPCOT.
Is that what you're talking about?
If so I feel like it was somewhere around the turn of the century. Maybe 1998-2000...?

Weather_Lady

I Googled around and have no idea. It looks like specialty pins and other items were often part of Grand Plan packages, but I don't see anything about photo frames. Hopefully someone else here has one, and remembers when they got it.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I Googled around and have no idea. It looks like specialty pins and other items were often part of Grand Plan packages, but I don't see anything about photo frames. Hopefully someone else here has one, and remembers when they got it.
So do you think OP is actually talking about "Grand Gatherings"? I know I purchased shirts when I had a grand gathering and we did some grand gathering dining events where we received pins etc.
I have to admit I'm very thrown by "Grand Plan" myself.

Chip318

Does anyone know what year the Grand Plan offered a heavy etched glass picture frame ? Thanks very much!

My parents think maybe 1997 or 1995. They have one from when the Grand plan gave you gifts in your room. We got like a huge golf umbrella, a beauty and the beast picture, a decorative plate for display all different things from Grand Floridian. It was an unlimited plan no points for dining we got so much room services it was crazy and tip was included!

Weather_Lady

So do you think OP is actually talking about "Grand Gatherings"? I know I purchased shirts when I had a grand gathering and we did some grand gathering dining events where we received pins etc.
I have to admit I'm very thrown by "Grand Plan" myself.

It appears to have been a thing -- both at WDW and at Disneyland. The Grand Plan packages came with a host of add-ons, and were apparently offered in the years before and after 2000. (In 2000, it was called the "Milennium Grand Plan" package.) I'm not sure which type of package the OP meant.

Chip318

The only description I found ... this is what I remember with the club level.

Attachments

• B2B39684-0E21-4BA3-AC46-5ADCD4CDB933.png
    B2B39684-0E21-4BA3-AC46-5ADCD4CDB933.png
    243.3 KB · Views: 258

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It appears to have been a thing -- both at WDW and at Disneyland. The Grand Plan packages came with a host of add-ons, and were apparently offered in the years before and after 2000. (In 2000, it was called the "Milennium Grand Plan" package.) I'm not sure which type of package the OP meant.
I just googled it as grand plan package. I totally get it now lol.
What I saw was 2002 so yeah it was before I started staying onsite

Busymom65

Original Poster
Thanks very much all. Yes it was a dining and ticket and experience package we purchased when we stayed at the Grand Flo a long time ago and this heavy, etched glass frame was in our room as a gift. It looks like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 281
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 277

harryk

Always used the Grand Plan at the Grand Floridian when my family went to DW from the time the GF opened until we bought into the DVC in 2001. The 'gifts' we received in our rooms were always exceptional but the perks that came along with the GP were the prime benefits. Never did stay in the main building but loved the ability to request specific rooms each visit - although never guaranteed - we always were able to get them.

Busymom65

Original Poster
Always used the Grand Plan at the Grand Floridian when my family went to DW from the time the GF opened until we bought into the DVC in 2001. The 'gifts' we received in our rooms were always exceptional but the perks that came along with the GP were the prime benefits. Never did stay in the main building but loved the ability to request specific rooms each visit - although never guaranteed - we always were able to get them.
Agree! I am thinking this is an Arribas Bros frame made for Grand Plan and that it had to be before 2000. We went to WDW for the first time in 1994ish and then again during the 25th anniversary And then in 2000. But then after we finally had kids we have gone almost every year since 2007. Thanks for the input!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom