Grand Floridian Walkway

harryk

"Walk Around the World" was a means of selling the tiles used in the paths. Evidently they found that they had a problem connecting the CR to the TTC and stopped the project. Management never mentioned the construction of a bridge between the MK and GF. Now with the removal of the tiles will they finish the "Walk Around the World"? What happened to the Granite Tiles at the TTC? Are they still there or have they been removed?

castlecake2.0

I'm glad they finally connected this pathway to the Grand Floridian. I always wondered why they even had a pathway up to the water (where the bridge is currently). I very rarely saw anyone walk to the end, even I only did that a few times.
I always felt bad anytime I saw someone walking it because I assumed they thought it went all the way around and were in for a rude surprise

Raxel7851

Original Poster
"Walk Around the World" was a means of selling the tiles used in the paths. Evidently they found that they had a problem connecting the CR to the TTC and stopped the project. Management never mentioned the construction of a bridge between the MK and GF. Now with the removal of the tiles will they finish the "Walk Around the World"? What happened to the Granite Tiles at the TTC? Are they still there or have they been removed?
I’m sure that would have been a very expensive project where the road goes under the waterway. It would most likely have required boring a walkway tunnel next to the road. Our tile was at the TTC and we used to make it part of our visit to go check it out. I’m fairly certain most if not all of those tiles have been removed. We may go over there and have a “look see” in May.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom