• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Grand Floridian vs Riviera

helenabear

Me and fireman agree? I am not sure what modern means in context of a reno but I never was a fan of the style it has now. That said I doubt it would ever get a complete gutting. Too costly, and heck they keep featuring The GF in their ads, odd thing to do if you plan on doing a total overhaul of the theme.
Yeah they do have a lot. I don't think the exterior would have to change. I kinda like it. They could try to emulate Hotel del Coronado again, but on the interior. Rooms look fabulous now.

Jambo Joe

Advertisement
Me and fireman agree? I am not sure what modern means in context of a reno but I never was a fan of the style it has now. That said I doubt it would ever get a complete gutting. Too costly, and heck they keep featuring The GF in their ads, odd thing to do if you plan on doing a total overhaul of the theme.
GF is a nice hotel but it’s theme and design has never been particularly sharp or in any way evocative of Florida - it’s more like a callback to the Victorian era resorts in tbe northeast. And on top of that - it’s signature feature is a direct copy of the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego for some reason.

WildernessLodge

The Riviera looks beautiful and we can't really judge it until it opens. I have faith/trust in Disney that it would be amazing in it's own way. It will bring a different kind of experience to WDW. The GF is The GF - it will still be the nicest.

Top Bottom