Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

COrunner

This new bridge and walking path is so under themed, looks like a walking path at any other Marriott I’ve stayed at 🙄

;)
I know! Where is the gift shop at either end?! Also the lack of marvel/star wars/frozen characters is just insulting to the point that I want them to theme it so I can be further outraged that it isn't themed to my taste!

;) Did I do it right?!

rowrbazzle

I know! Where is the gift shop at either end?! Also the lack of marvel/star wars/frozen characters is just insulting to the point that I want them to theme it so I can be further outraged that it isn't themed to my taste!

;) Did I do it right?!

Oh, no! It's a classic Disney look - the way Walt would've wanted it. Don't ruin the theme by adding IP.

ToTBellHop

Just tell me one thing: is there a Joffrey’s midway along with a themed latte that’s also available iced?

If the area music isn’t this on repeat, I’m sticking with Universal:
1599269319551.gif

nickys

Premium Member
I think there’s room for both. One either side of the bridge.

Of course there Is a risk you could be stuck on the wrong side of the bridge to your favourite beverage. So we really need a Joffrey’s and a Margarita bar on both sides.

This has raised an even more perplexing question. As it’s a swing bridge then to be able to cross it it must be across the canal. Is that “open” or “closed”? Normally if you could cross it you’d say the bridge was open but you’d also say a door was swung open.

What is the correct terminology here? It could be a disaster waiting to happen if there was a sign saying “bridge open”. If it was swung open at that point, think of the carnage that could ensue. 😉

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So we really need a Joffrey’s and a Margarita bar on both sides.
Has anyone tried the new "Jofferita" yet?
This has raised an even more perplexing question. As it’s a swing bridge then to be able to cross it it must be across the canal. Is that “open” or “closed”? Normally if you could cross it you’d say the bridge was open but you’d also say a door was swung open.

What is the correct terminology here? It could be a disaster waiting to happen if there was a sign saying “bridge open”. If it was swung open at that point, think of the carnage that could ensue. 😉
All the road signs I can find neatly sidestep that issue by just referencing there's a drawbridge ahead. Some of them have traffic signals that change from green to red when the bridge is elevated or retracted.

With this bridge, the stainless steel gates will make it quite clear that passage will be denied to pedestrians.

From a nautical perspective, however, the accepted term for an elevated or retracted bridge (allowing boats to pass unhindered) is "open."

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
With this bridge, the stainless steel gates will make it quite clear that passage will be denied to pedestrians.

You quite sure of that? “Challenge accepted” seems an apt response here. 😎

I mean, how many reports have there been since sat nav was commonly used in cars of people driving into rivers “because the sat nav said drive straight ahead”?

DisAl

This new bridge and walking path is so under themed, looks like a walking path at any other Marriott I’ve stayed at 🙄

;)
GATORS! Don't forget the gators! They look sort of like Tic Tock Crock. What more theming to you need other than maybe Captain Hook somewhere along the way.
And once you see a gator, it will probably take only half as long to finish your walk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom