Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is Disney, they could condition the water in the lake. Any big thinkers left in the company?
It would just involve draining the thing, cleaning out all the debris, paving over the bottom, and then installing a filtration and treatment system that could handle the 9 gagillion gallons of water between 7 seas and bay lake. But sure, it could be done.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Actually, you could walk it using the roads. Google maps shows it as about 2 miles from the main entrance of POFQ to the boat dock at DS closest to Saratoga Sprints.
Except WDW Security don't like tourists guests walking on/along the roads.

JoeCamel

Except WDW Security don't like tourists guests walking on/along the roads.
But they won't give you a ride to where you are going, they want you to go back and use the provided transport. If they did you could use them like minnievans........... hmmmmmm!

mmascari

It would just involve draining the thing, cleaning out all the debris, paving over the bottom, and then installing a filtration and treatment system that could handle the 9 gagillion gallons of water between 7 seas and bay lake. But sure, it could be done.
Cofferdam, split the lake, new independent aquarium path, water bridge over it to reconnect the now split lake.

That should reduce a few gagillion gallons and limit the debris clearing footprint.

Isn't there an island in the straight line path? Surely going over that reduces the work, totally feasible now. ;)

Little Mermaid themed, obviously.

Kamikaze

I think @DznyGrlSD meant they would have to go through the security check between MK and the Contemporary to get the 3.5K in one direction. Otherwise they would have to do a u-turn when they got to the end of the path at the Monorail station.

Right, thats exactly what I said... I was asking how far the distance was if they started outside security...

nickys

Premium Member
Right, thats exactly what I said... I was asking how far the distance was if they started outside security...
So that would mean starting at the TTC, running to MK and back. All well and good but they would have to drive to the TTC to start their run. I agree it would be good to know the distance.

However someone staying at the Contemporary or Bay Lake could do the run to TTC and back, which would be more convenient. But it entails going through security near the start. It isn’t clear whether going early enough in the morning, say 6am, allows you to get through or if you get turned back (which some people have reported in the last or so).

Kamikaze

So that would mean starting at the TTC, running to MK and back. All well and good but they would have to drive to the TTC to start their run. I agree it would be good to know the distance.

However someone staying at the Contemporary or Bay Lake could do the run to TTC and back, which would be more convenient. But it entails going through security near the start. It isn’t clear whether going early enough in the morning, say 6am, allows you to get through or if you get turned back (which some people have reported in the last or so).

So I just mapped it. If you ran it the way I would (which means taking the paths closest to the water wherever possible and prudent) and also adhering to sticking to sidewalks instead of going on roads (which Disney has issues with) you get a 2.5 mile one direction. With the run starting from the very end of the sidewalk south of the water bridge and going all the way around through MK security and down the (once completed) path to TTC security. Turn around and the out and back is a 5 mile run or 8k.

If you wanted to continue from TTC onto Seven Seas Drive and then World Drive and make it a loop, its 3.4 miles, but there aren't shoulders on either road and Disney doesn't like runners on the roads unless you're paying them.

And no, you wouldn't have to drive anywhere. If you're saying at say GF, you would run either way to the turn, back past GF, to the other turn, and finish at GF. Just because you set an 'end' doesn't mean it has to actually be where you start/finish.

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
So I just mapped it. If you ran it the way I would (which means taking the paths closest to the water wherever possible and prudent) and also adhering to sticking to sidewalks instead of going on roads (which Disney has issues with) if you don't you get a 2.5 mile one direction. With the run starting from the very end of the sidewalk south of the water bridge and going all the way around through MK security and down the (once completed) path to TTC security. Turn around and the out and back is a 5 mile run or 8k.

If you wanted to continue from TTC onto Seven Seas Drive and then World Drive and make it a loop, its 3.4 miles, but there aren't shoulders on either road and Disney doesn't like runners on the roads unless you're paying them.

what are you using to map? I tried map my run but since the sidewalk isn't completed it wouldn't register.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom