Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

corran horn

A new resort with a monorail stop would require a very creative design. The resort would be on the side of the express beam so the resort loading would require access somewhat similar to the Contemporary. However, given the location of the beam, the loading area may be over water which would create a new set of hurdles when it comes to construction. Of course, there are two other options. One would be to move the resort beam to the outside loop. The other would be to demolish part of the beams and re-route over land. If that happened, obviously the monorails would close for a period of time, requiring another alternative to get to MK. I know that last option seems a little far fetched and costly, but it did seem that there may have been at least one person alluding to the fact the monorail could be closed for some period of time.

Not so. Put it on the EPCOT loop. :p

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
giphy.gif

Animaniac93-98

Safe to say this project won't be done until next year now with construction stopped.

Although doing nothing was about as fast as they were building it before things were shut down.

corran horn

A fun look back at a 1994 brochure for Walk Around the World.

I didn't realize how long the intended path was:

My in-laws did this. They had a pretty good spot near the MK entrance but it's since been obliterated by everything they've done.

They do still have the 'show' replica they got though, and it's at their house. Last trip down we bought them one of the current replicas they have to reflect a big family trip we took down all together for Thanksgiving in November. Basically they custom-'print' them now--it's a lesser quality as you can't put it outside though. It does look nice.

N2dru

I have always thought it would be cool to be able to walk completely around the Seven Seas Lagoon..from the TTC and back. Extending a walkway from the Contemporary to the TTC would be the last part once the bridge is complete.

dmdrewitt

I have always thought it would be cool to be able to walk completely around the Seven Seas Lagoon..from the TTC and back. Extending a walkway from the Contemporary to the TTC would be the last part once the bridge is complete.

I agree. Would be a great idea to be able to walk all the way around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom