Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

cmoliver68

A new resort with a monorail stop would require a very creative design. The resort would be on the side of the express beam so the resort loading would require access somewhat similar to the Contemporary. However, given the location of the beam, the loading area may be over water which would create a new set of hurdles when it comes to construction. Of course, there are two other options. One would be to move the resort beam to the outside loop. The other would be to demolish part of the beams and re-route over land. If that happened, obviously the monorails would close for a period of time, requiring another alternative to get to MK. I know that last option seems a little far fetched and costly, but it did seem that there may have been at least one person alluding to the fact the monorail could be closed for some period of time.

jrogue

So how's the construction going on this? Any chance it may be open by September or October? I feel like it's been moving very slowly

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, March 8, 2020. Here is a view of the swing bridge when opened for watercraft.

IMG_2865.JPG

Walt d

I’ve always been all for this. It will properly link both Poly and Grand Flo to MK by foot.

With Disney monorails and busing becoming so cumbersome, a walkway is perfect and a major reason why we prefer the Epcot Resorts.
Its for people that have not got enough of walking for eight hours.. at mk personally please roll out my taxi” monorail ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom