Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

DisAl

I tend to lean towards agreeing with you. After seeing how passionately people hated the walk from the Pirate Rooms at CBR to the main building for dining...which in reality is only ~7 minutes if you follow the water...I don't think many people will be using this as a means of leaving the park at closing. Especially after having walked so much during the day.
Given the choice of walking for 15 or 20 minutes or waiting for 60 minutes for the monorail at park closing, there may be more walkers than you think.

Minthorne

Given the choice of walking for 15 or 20 minutes or waiting for 60 minutes for the monorail at park closing, there may be more walkers than you think.

I'm so confused....

These walkers?
1580237278162.png

or These?
1580237337992.png

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It will be interesting to see. While I have little doubt that the path will be used, there will be plenty of groups that will still go with whatever option requires the least physical exertion.

While I always go with the quickest option, you will see a lot of people that are just done with walking by the end of the day. I have been with groups that have elected to take the 60 minute ride option over the 20 minute walk because they flat out refused to take another step.

ImperfectPixie

It will be interesting to see. While I have little doubt that the path will be used, there will be plenty of groups that will still go with whatever option requires the least physical exertion.

While I always go with the quickest option, you will see a lot of people that are just done with walking by the end of the day. I have been with groups that have elected to take the 60 minute ride option over the 20 minute walk because they flat out refused to take another step.
My boys both fall into that last group. At the end of a Disney day, they're just done with walking. Part of my job for many years involved being on my feet for 90% of the day, so it doesn't phase me at all.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My boys both fall into that last group. At the end of a Disney day, they're just done with walking. Part of my job for many years involved being on my feet for 90% of the day, so it doesn't phase me at all.
My kids were the same and it makes sense. Even though they are young and full of energy, they have probably taken twice as many steps as you.

ImperfectPixie

My kids were the same and it makes sense. Even though they are young and full of energy, they have probably taken twice as many steps as you.
Absolutely! I'll admit we sort of missed having a stroller a little bit our first year we were able to ditch it on our trip...simply because we had to consciously slow our walking down so our littlest man could keep up. We tend to walk with purpose.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Absolutely! I'll admit we sort of missed having a stroller a little bit our first year we were able to ditch it on our trip...simply because we had to consciously slow our walking down so our littlest man could keep up. We tend to walk with purpose.
I have been there. When my youngest hit 48" we ditched the stroller. She was fine for a normal day but just could not hang on those long open to close marathon days. On those days we broke down and rented a stroller. Nothing sends a day at Disney into a death spiral better than a kid that has been pushed past their limit.

DisAl

Yes, even if you are not walking you are still on your feet waiting in line. One night at MK we walked out at closing and the line for the resort monorails was half way down the ramp. We opted for the 10 minute walk to the Contemporary and were back in our room well before we would have even been able to board the monorail.

rowrbazzle

There are walls up at Grand Floridian now apparently related to the walkway construction. The Disney World News Today site has some good pictures for those interested. A comment states that there won't be a second bridge, though that doesn't make sense to me. How much farther would it be to walk around on the service roads (or whatever is there) to avoid the other waterway?

Last edited:

peter11435

There are walls up at Grand Floridian now apparently related to the walkway construction. The Disney World News Today site has some good pictures for those interested. A comment states that there won't be a second bridge, though that doesn't make sense to me. How much farther would it be to walk around on the service roads (or whatever is there) to avoid the other waterway?
Never listen to Tom. There will be a second bridge.

pdude81

Thanks. I figured. I was mostly just trying to figure out how that would work.

Regardless, I'm glad to see something being done elsewhere on the project.
The only way for that to work would be for them to extend the walkway all the way out to the road, and then have you cross over the little service road to the other side before walking in front of the convention center.

I doubt they would do that but I have no actual knowledge of the plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom