Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
bridge.jpg

halltd

It is interesting that this new path will end up right in a service area of the Grand, though. Hopefully they separate the guest path from the service area.

pdude81

Some landscaping and paving isn't too much to separate the two... this is no technical drawing, but if I were going to do it, I'd do it off the marina area.
View attachment 444483
This would be the nicer walk but I can't imagine they send the hordes through the middle of the resort at park close. That location could also work well if they had you cross the service road on the west side of the loop and connected with the path that runs through the monorail/DME stop. My assumption is that they will wrap the whole thing around the convention center somehow and sell after 4pm tickets to MK to try to pay for it.

Touchdown

Take this with a grain of salt because the source was a boat captain but when I was there in fall of 19, after discussing the cluster that was non Party closing lines for transportation he stated that he was told that the enterance construction was going to last over a year and not be done until 2021.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This would be the nicer walk but I can't imagine they send the hordes through the middle of the resort at park close. That location could also work well if they had you cross the service road on the west side of the loop and connected with the path that runs through the monorail/DME stop. My assumption is that they will wrap the whole thing around the convention center somehow and sell after 4pm tickets to MK to try to pay for it.
I think you might be overestimating the number of guests that will use this walkway.

At worst, it will see slightly more traffic than the current path between MK and the Contemporary due to a select few that would elect to take this path all the way back to the Poly.

DisneyJoe

I think you might be overestimating the number of guests that will use this walkway.

At worst, it will see slightly more traffic than the current path between MK and the Contemporary due to a select few that would elect to take this path all the way back to the Poly.
Agreed! I doubt it will be hordes, especially once people find out how far it is.

ImperfectPixie

Agreed! I doubt it will be hordes, especially once people find out how far it is.
I tend to lean towards agreeing with you. After seeing how passionately people hated the walk from the Pirate Rooms at CBR to the main building for dining...which in reality is only ~7 minutes if you follow the water...I don't think many people will be using this as a means of leaving the park at closing. Especially after having walked so much during the day.

pdude81

I guess we'll see how it pans out when all is built. IMO the massive lines at the monorail station after park close will be a strong motivator for walking. Especially in the summer. Plus I wouldn't put it past people to walk down that path from GF and Poly to see fireworks without using a park entry. Heavier for special event fireworks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
GF and Poly are a maze to get through if it isn't your destination and if you aren't a guest there. Both prevent cutting through the pool area.

If the purpose of this walkway is more for than the rumored new resort going between MK and GF, and actually a ferry/monorail/bus waking by-pass, then they're going to have to add significant signage to get people through without becoming lost or angry.

ToTBellHop

GF and Poly are a maze to get through if it isn't your destination and if you aren't a guest there. Both prevent cutting through the pool area.

If the purpose of this walkway is more for than the rumored new resort going between MK and GF, and actually a ferry/monorail/bus waking by-pass, then they're going to have to add significant signage to get people through without becoming lost or angry.
The five of us who would walk from Poly to MK should be fine since we are pros. Signage will be added at GF to help guests navigate from there as they do expect guests from there to consider this as an option. One day the monorail may not be completing the loop for a bit...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom