Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

Twirlnhurl

If I was staying at Grand Floridian, the walkway is an obvious benefit. If my destination was the Poly, I could imagine using it after the fireworks dump in the evening. Finally, as a low speed alternate to the boats or monorail in the event of a service disruption, I'd that a 45 minute walk to my car over a 45 minute wait any day (same reason that a 10 minute wait for TTA never feels as long as the 10 minute wait for Philharmagic).

Twirlnhurl

So we have a refurb of one monorail station now being on the books for Poly.

Any bets on when the GF monorail station is marked for refurb, necessitating this walkway even more?

I wonder if this is prep work for new trains?
The Grand Floridian Station is about 20 years younger than the station for the Poly.

I wish the refurb was prep for new trains (platform level boarding would allow shorter dwell times, less staff requirements, and better level of service for all riders, including those in wheelchairs). But I don't think that is likely. For one thing, if the fleet were to be converted to have platform level boarding-capable trains, you would need to get the new trains first, before modifying the stations. Otherwise, the old plug-type doors on the current trains wouldn't be able to open at the Poly.

I think it is more likely that the building just needed a refurbishment due to age and the elements.

muddyrivers

Is there a way to walk between Contemporary and Poly via TTC? Or do you have to double back and go Contempo -> MK -> GF -> Poly? If there was a full path, I would definitely do that whole walk, it's good exercise!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Is there a way to walk between Contemporary and Poly via TTC? Or do you have to double back and go Contempo -> MK -> GF -> Poly? If there was a full path, I would definitely do that whole walk, it's good exercise!
There is no connection between TTC and Contemporary.
And the walking distance between MK and TTC is a lot farther than people realize. Google maps may provide an estimate but does not take the quirks of having to walk around resort buildings, etc. into account.

Horizons1

My wife and I would.

we used to (before the current mess) walk/jog through Saratoga Springs, Disney Springs, to the Port Orleans resorts, just for some exercise before hitting the parks, especially when it was just the two of us going to Epcot for food and wine.....
Wait, you can walk from DS to Port Orleans?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
There is no connection between TTC and Contemporary.
And the walking distance between MK and TTC is a lot farther than people realize. Google maps may provide an estimate but does not take the quirks of having to walk around resort buildings, etc. into account.
Makes you wonder why they don't just bite the bullet and put in one of these across the lake...
1599052702971.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom