Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

trainplane3

Some progress on paving:

And some progress over by GF with what looks to be a bridge on site for placement:

EcBhdzUXgAA24ln.jpg

halltd

I wonder if the bridge lowers slightly when it's rotating and then goes back up to close the gap.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe there's a piston or something that pushes it up into position after it fully closes? That way there's no lip at all to trip someone? And, when it opens, it won't scrape on that cover piece that's covering the gap.

JoeCamel

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe there's a piston or something that pushes it up into position after it fully closes? That way there's no lip at all to trip someone? And, when it opens, it won't scrape on that cover piece that's covering the gap.
I would think there is a 10 foot piece that will lay over the gap and act as a ramp. The piece is raised on each end to form a barrier as the bridge rotates out of position

DVCakaCarlF

With as much movement that bridge will make, it will either be able to float/sink or hydraulically articulate to meet the required elevation. It is likely in its lowest position.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom