Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, January 9, 2020. The concrete forms for the east side of the bridge foundation are in place.

IMG_2722.JPG

Last edited:

rudyjr13

Based on these new images, does anyone familiar with construction have any idea when this will open? 3 months if they work on it fairly consistently? 6 months?

Finish bridge connection
Pave from monorail to bridge
Pave from bridge to bridge 2
Install bridge 2
Pave from bridge 2 to GF property

ABQ

Based on these new images, does anyone familiar with construction have any idea when this will open? 3 months if they work on it fairly consistently? 6 months?

Finish bridge connection
Install bridge 2
They still have another, likely fixed, bridge to build, so even if this were ready for pedestrian traffic in 3 months, they are still a while away from opening it. Hasn't this one been under construction for nearly 8 months or so?

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Finish bridge connection
Install bridge 2

It's hard to judge simply based on normal construction schedules. Disney tends to slow down and speed up projects to meet a date they have set at some point in the future, so they aren't necessarily building at the normal pace.

rudyjr13

It's hard to judge simply based on normal construction schedules. Disney tends to slow down and speed up projects to meet a date they have set at some point in the future, so they aren't necessarily building at the normal pace.

Thanks for the insight (and other stuff you contribute to the site)

rudyjr13

They still have another, likely fixed, bridge to build, so even if this were ready for pedestrian traffic in 3 months, they are still a while away from opening it. Hasn't this one been under construction for nearly 8 months or so?

Crane showed up around 7/4/19 so quickly approaching 7 months.

pdude81

Almost booked at GFV for the first half of our 4th of July split, but it didn't look like they were going to have this path wrapped up. Surely they could build the other fixed bridge and pour walkways before then, but @MansionButler84 said we shouldn't expect it to open before the new boat dock and the rest of the MK entrance construction near the end of the year. Haven't seen much in the park entrance thread lately but I'll be able to see in a few weeks how far along they are.

hawkfam

Finish bridge connection
Install bridge 2

Presumably electrical lines for lighting weren't previously run so I'd assume that is another task to add to the list along with the actual installation of light poles.

halltd

Presumably electrical lines for lighting weren't previously run so I'd assume that is another task to add to the list along with the actual installation of light poles.
There are already light poles on the existing path. They'd need them on the new path, though.

Animaniac93-98

There are already light poles on the existing path. They'd need them on the new path, though.

The new path and 2nd bridge are partly why this project still has a way to go before being finished.

But I understand the impatience and frustration with seeing the new swing bridge in place now and wanting this to be done ASAP.

rudyjr13

we shouldn't expect it to open before the new boat dock and the rest of the MK entrance construction near the end of the year. Haven't seen much in the park entrance thread lately but I'll be able to see in a few weeks how far along they are.

The front entrance project can’t be more than 3-4 months left right? They already reopened portions that were walled off. That new bus security building is nearly done. The GF and Poly boat dock definitely has a lot of work left.

rudyjr13

The new path and 2nd bridge are partly why this project still has a way to go before being finished.

But I understand the impatience and frustration with seeing the new swing bridge in place now and wanting this to be done ASAP.

Speaking for myself, I’m not impatient or frustrated. I’m more curious from a construction and logistics standpoint what is left. Though it would be nice to use it in November.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom