Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

DisAl

SSL seems to meet the Meriam-Webster definitions of a lagoon. I could be wrong now, but I don't think so.

Definition of lagoon

1 : a shallow sound, channel, or pond near or communicating with a larger body of water

2 : a shallow artificial pool or pond (as for the processing of sewage or storage of a liquid)
You are correct, it does fit. Seven Seas Lagoon was created when they dug out the material that was used to create the new "ground level" of the Magic Kingdom by burying the utilidoors. And it does connect to the larger Bay Lake via the canal.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
SSL seems to meet the Meriam-Webster definitions of a lagoon. I could be wrong now, but I don't think so.

Definition of lagoon

1 : a shallow sound, channel, or pond near or communicating with a larger body of water

2 : a shallow artificial pool or pond (as for the processing of sewage or storage of a liquid)

So, you're saying it's #2?

And Bay Lake isn't significantly larger especially when you compare actual lagoons to the ocean.

I've seen three story condos called "Penthouse Suites." Marketing is free to misuse the language (until lawsuits step in because someone actually thought they were getting a skyscraper penthouse suite).

Disney felt free to call an artificial lake a "lagoon" to make it sound exotic. Their complex of parks aren't a "world" and the castle park ain't a "kingdom." And there's no real "magic" happening there. There is literally no Seven Seas, no lagoon, no magic, no kingdom, and no world outside of Orlando. And Bay Lake isn't anywhere near or an actual bay.

DisAl

So, you're saying it's #2?

And Bay Lake isn't significantly larger especially when you compare actual lagoons to the ocean.

I've seen three story condos called "Penthouse Suites." Marketing is free to misuse the language (until lawsuits step in because someone actually thought they were getting a skyscraper penthouse suite).

Disney felt free to call an artificial lake a "lagoon" to make it sound exotic. Their complex of parks aren't a "world" and the castle park ain't a "kingdom." And there's no real "magic" happening there. There is literally no Seven Seas, no lagoon, no magic, no kingdom, and no world outside of Orlando. And Bay Lake isn't anywhere near or an actual bay.
And YOU are not a real penguin either!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It’s something like 0.7 of a mile, not as far as it looks.

That's just to the swing bridge from the MK tapstile.

From the tapstile of MK to crossing over the second bridge (the one that won't swing) that puts you on GF property is a full mile. From there to TTC is an additional 1.2 miles.

Not to mention the GF is not at all set up to be easily transversed by people who don't have a room there.

ToTBellHop

That's just to the swing bridge from the MK tapstile.

From the tapstile of MK to crossing over the second bridge (the one that won't swing) that puts you on GF property is a full mile. From there to TTC is an additional 1.2 miles.

Not to mention the GF is not at all set up to be easily transversed by people who don't have a room there.
They should bulldoze it and erect one 18-story tower with popcorn lights up top.

justintheharris

9D96B465-9016-4E31-8BDC-80DABA400DB6.jpeg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That's quite a chunk of aluminum and polyplanking... seems like a lot of stress on the bearings under the pivot end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom