Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

ChrisM

They don’t go there because they don’t know how to get there and what they can do there. People go to Swiss Family Treehouse because it’s visible from the walkway.

100% accurate.

My family visited WDW a half dozen times when I was a child and I've been four times as an adult. I never stepped foot on TSI until my last visit, simply because no one ever wanted to wait for the boat to see what was there.

Holy crap! Had my 10 year old self known what was there you wouldn't have been able to carry me away. When I recounted what we had been missing to my siblings they were all aghast we skipped it. Had I known, I'd probably still be hiding there now, 30+ years later.

ABQ

100% accurate.

My family visited WDW a half dozen times when I was a child and I've been four times as an adult. I never stepped foot on TSI until my last visit, simply because no one ever wanted to wait for the boat to see what was there.

Holy crap! Had my 10 year old self known what was there you wouldn't have been able to carry me away. When I recounted what we had been missing to my siblings they were all aghast we skipped it. Had I known, I'd probably still be hiding there now, 30+ years later.
Pretty sure it was an E ticket attraction, back in the ticket book days, was it not? Probably why I never got on it as a child as I was clamoring to use that ticket on other things, not knowing what was there myself.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
100% accurate.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Pretty sure it was an E ticket attraction, back in the ticket book days, was it not? Probably why I never got on it as a child as I was clamoring to use that ticket on other things, not knowing what was there myself.

The rafts to get you there were D Tickets

ABQ

The rafts to get you there were D Tickets

Ah...
I had that other park on the other side of the country on the brain. I think it may have been reshuffled later and taken down a notch.

101215_disneyland-ticketbooks-60th-anniversary-4.jpg

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
They mention a Contemporary to TTC walkway would require a bigger bridge, but why would it need a bridge at all? Isn’t there a sidewalk next to the street through the tunnel under the waterway?

Not big enough to use safely for a large number of guests.

SeaCastle

They mention a Contemporary to TTC walkway would require a bigger bridge, but why would it need a bridge at all? Isn’t there a sidewalk next to the street through the tunnel under the waterway?

I doubted this at first but you're right- there actually is a nice-sized sidewalk under the bridge. Sidewalk ends about a half-mile away from the TTC heading south and at the dirt road near the bus pavilions heading north. Would probably make more sense for the north end to link into where the bus stop restrooms are rather than intersect w/ the Contemporary's path given how big the World Drive/bus station entranceway is. It would be about a mile walk (compared to a 2/3rds mile walk to the GF)

raymusiccity

Ah...
I had that other park on the other side of the country on the brain. I think it may have been reshuffled later and taken down a notch.

101215_disneyland-ticketbooks-60th-anniversary-4.jpg
......and that .50 cents for one E ticket wasn't inconsequential, either! Compare that to minimum wage ($1.25/hr.) 'back in the day'.

Last edited:

tirian

The reason people don't go to TSI is because there's no rollercoaster on it.
They don’t go there because they don’t know how to get there and what they can do there. People go to Swiss Family Treehouse because it’s visible from the walkway.
Plus nobody goes because it is too crowded

😜
We were there a couple of weeks ago, went to TSI, with lots of other people. Every raft going and coming was full. I think plenty of people do TSI.

TSI is busy almost every time I go. Guests certainly know about it, but many don’t understand why they’d go there instead of going on a ride or getting a Dole Whip float, churro, or cupcake the internet told them to buy. ;)

That’s fine, though. Everything at the MK doesn’t need a huge queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom