Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Will this should be a good trial of the concept. TSI next?

That would be a cool idea, might get more people to go to TSI. There is a narrow spot here which would work good.

Creathir

That would be a cool idea, might get more people to go to TSI. There is a narrow spot here which would work good.

View attachment 418062
While I’m sure it would open up the island to more guests, there is something magical about the rafts and the atmospherics they add to the area.

It just feels like a more grand adventure getting to TSI vs walking across a bridge.

techgeek

While I’m sure it would open up the island to more guests, there is something magical about the rafts and the atmospherics they add to the area.

It just feels like a more grand adventure getting to TSI vs walking across a bridge.

I could stand for the current fleet of diesel burning rafts to be replaced with electric, but completely agree that ‘getting there’, and not just over a bridge, should be a part of the experience.

deWild

So any bets on the hodgepodge of IPs the new resort will be? My money is on Doctor Strange, High School: The Musical: The Musical: The Series, and Sofia the First.
If they place the hotel down the canal and expand the waterway a bit, this would be prime real estate for the Venetian.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Will this should be a good trial of the concept. TSI next?
The two situations are very different.

Draw bridges work well when they only need to be opened on occasion. The one in Epcot gets opened only twice a day on average.

A draw bridge to TSI would need to be open every time the Liberty Bell passed by which is about 4 +/- times an hour.

If they really wanted to have a connection from the mainland to TSI Disney would have to do one of several things...Permeatley anchor the Liberty Bell or drastically change its path, go over it with an elevated bridge, or a more interesting idea...go under it. How cool would it be to get to TSI by going through an abandoned mine shaft just outside of BTMRR?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Draw bridges work well when they only need to be opened on occasion. The one in Epcot gets opened only twice a day on average.

A draw bridge to TSI would need to be open every time the Liberty Bell passed by which is about 4 +/- times an hour.

If they really wanted to have a connection from the mainland to TSI Disney would have to do one of several things...Permeatley anchor the Liberty Bell or drastically change its path, go over it with an elevated bridge, or a more interesting idea...go under it. How cool would it be to get to TSI by going through an abandoned mine shaft just outside of BTMRR?
Or a large acrylic tube that lets you watch fish, divers and the occasional riverboat go by overhead...

Movielover

The Tunnel idea would preserve the island aspect.

Stevie Amsterdam

That would be similar to how you get to Big Thunder Mountain at DLP :)

ToTBellHop

When it was actually being considered, the boat was to be permanently docked.

deWild

I’m still waiting for the boat to be rerouted and the north half of TSI closed. That northern section is prime real estate for 2 lands and/or an expansion to Frontierland to open the bottleneck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom