Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

Clamman73

Star Wars hotel plot size fits in just fine.
1FF55B69-4AF3-49B9-BB84-70B6589CA40A.jpeg

Animaniac93-98

Oh, but the sightlines... will nobody think of the sightlines??? ;)

Somebody DID think of the sightlines when the Grand Floridian was built. They added trees to the Africa section of the Jungle Cruise to hide the hotel from the ride's view. Similarly, when the park was first built the Gulf Hospitality House (now Town Square Theater) was made full size to hide the Contemporary from Main Street.

So if any new hotel was built near MK I would hope that Disney would continue their own tradition and think about sightlines. :)

s8film40

There’s no reason to build in that little patch and deal with sight line issues when they have a huge hotel expansion area just to the west large enough for multiple hotels. They could then have watercraft transportation as well as connect walking paths to this path.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There’s no reason to build in that little patch and deal with sight line issues when they have a huge hotel expansion area just to the west large enough for multiple hotels. They could then have watercraft transportation as well as connect walking paths to this path.
The problem with that area is the land itself. The plot adjacent to the GF might not have the same structural issues.

s8film40

The problem with that area is the land itself. The plot adjacent to the GF might not have the same structural issues.
I don’t think there’s any issue with the land. It’s been listed as suitable for a very long time. Disney has used far less suitable areas to build on.

MrHappy

It is a little odd to see equipment on site when then only just received this permit. I would assume this would need a South Florida Water Management District Permit which can take up to a couple months for approval, but they haven't applied for one yet.
Not odd at all. That crane IS the method to cross the canal. Think Tarzan. There you have it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom