Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Apparently there are several red monorails about the property šŸ¤”šŸ¤”
Funny thing is they make the Skyliner gondolas with several unique appliques instead of them all being the same.

1606338669953.png
1606338699239.png

1606338743828.png
1606338781100.png

1606338819006.png
1606338837055.png

1606338872075.png

wishiwere@wdw

We tried this out the other day and loved it. Very peaceful and reasonably quick. That said, best I could tell it would seem there is currently no way to walk from the TTC to the Poly? It looked to be all blocked off; at least where Iā€™m familiar with where to go. I just assumed this was due to the construction but wasnā€™t sure if I just goofed up? We ended up taking a resort monorail to the grand Floridian and then walked over so not like it was a big deal :).

mm52200

We tried this out the other day and loved it. Very peaceful and reasonably quick. That said, best I could tell it would seem there is currently no way to walk from the TTC to the Poly? It looked to be all blocked off; at least where Iā€™m familiar with where to go. I just assumed this was due to the construction but wasnā€™t sure if I just goofed up? We ended up taking a resort monorail to the grand Floridian and then walked over so not like it was a big deal :).
No you can walk from TTC to Poly. Just have to exit past security and the temperature tents and walk down the tram lane towards the Poly. Still open.

wishiwere@wdw

No you can walk from TTC to Poly. Just have to exit past security and the temperature tents and walk down the tram lane towards the Poly. Still open.
Awesome. Thanks. I like to be sure Iā€™m staying within proper boundaries and became unsure over there. Will be sure to check it out next time.

Soluna16

It's open but people should be aware both times I've now done it security has asked me what I'm doing and asked whether I had a reservation for the Polynesian. I don't think they want people to walk from TTC to Magic Kingdom at this time.

mm52200

It's open but people should be aware both times I've now done it security has asked me what I'm doing and asked whether I had a reservation for the Polynesian. I don't think they want people to walk from TTC to Magic Kingdom at this time.
Havenā€™t asked the last few times and if they do we just say weā€™re heading to the Poly and they direct us that way.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks for that video! I only saw one nice rest area with a double bench. Maybe I missed other ones? It seems like an awfully long walk with only one bench area? IDK, but I think my legs wouldn't hold up for the extra walking. But it is a nice addition for those who can physically use it, and a beautiful walkway.
More benches have been added.

DSC09495-1.jpg

Magic Feather

Surprising to me. Usually they only ask because some people get lost going that way instead of to the parking lot. I can't think of why they'd be cracking down on foot traffic, but it's interesting nonetheless.

JoeCamel

Surprising to me. Usually they only ask because some people get lost going that way instead of to the parking lot. I can't think of why they'd be cracking down on foot traffic, but it's interesting nonetheless.
Maybe to cut down on construction site theft? It's quite a problem I understand..... :angelic: :joyfull::joyfull:

nickys

Premium Member
Can someone remind me please. Where is the security / temperature screening on the walkway? Trying to remember of itā€™s near the GF or as the path meets the boat dock. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom