Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

EdnaMode

If you look at the bottom left of this picture you can see more landscaping and pavement work has been done in the new dock area. It's looking close to finished now:

Close! It's looking close to finished now! Does it get any better than that????

We were there last week and part of the week prior, and it looked so satisfactory that I would have *definitely* walked on it had the opportunity presented itself. I know it's very, very risky to walk on a lighted, landscaped, bridged walkway that is only "looking close to finished" rather than "abutting gently against the end of the project" but I'm zany to the max like that.

wedenterprises

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like they’ve done a really good job with the new entrance plaza and walkway to GF, but then used a truly ugly green/white lattice fence at the new dock and ferry dock? It just clashes with the nice work they’ve done on the rest.
You're not alone. why aren't we allowed to see through to the grass?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like they’ve done a really good job with the new entrance plaza and walkway to GF, but then used a truly ugly green/white lattice fence at the new dock and ferry dock? It just clashes with the nice work they’ve done on the rest.

You're not alone. why aren't we allowed to see through to the grass?
It looks much better in person. You can see through the lattice.

castlecake2.0

The same fence is used on the ferry side, too, which is inside the perimeter as security is at TTC. I just find it odd that it’s so ‘visible’ haha.
Yah I was looking at new photos and it does seem really odd. Usually they do like a green wire mesh sorta thing with shrubs to hide it. This one is not subtle thats for sure. Might be to prevent people from throwing things over from non secure to secure side? I’m waiting for the Disney parks blog video to come out with the imagineer telling us it’s the most detailed and authentic fence WDI has ever created.

LovePop

Why is this thing still not done? I want it to be done! It will make me feel better, even if it will be months if not years for me to make it back to WDW. I am not walking on that walkway wearing a mask, not happening. That is practically sacrilegious. Maybe masks outdoors won't be required by summer 2021?

wedenterprises

Why is this thing still not done? I want it to be done! It will make me feel better, even if it will be months if not years for me to make it back to WDW. I am not walking on that walkway wearing a mask, not happening. That is practically sacrilegious. Maybe masks outdoors won't be required by summer 2021?
Maybe they're waiting for the boat dock to be finished before the open the walkway...?

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
While you are certainly entitled to feel any way you like about that, I do think 'no wearing masks on newly-completed walking paths abutting Seven Seas Lagoon' seems like an awfully specific belief system.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Breathlessly waiting for the first YouTube walkthrough of this attraction.
I am sorely disappointed the margarita bar was cut.
By tonight, YouTube will have several dozen videos from the DisneyBloggers with a 4K/5K walkthru of the new trail....... what is even worse is I will watch at least one of them, LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom