Grand Floridian Outer Buildings- which one is best?

MJM

Original Poster
With the main building currently still closed, we were forced to book an outer building for our Aug 2021 trip. We have always stayed in a deluxe club level room in the main building (2 queens and a sleeper sofa). If I wanted to request a specific outer building at the GF- which one should I choose? Are they all typically the same outside of their location on the property?

durangojim

With the main building currently still closed, we were forced to book an outer building for our Aug 2021 trip. We have always stayed in a deluxe club level room in the main building (2 queens and a sleeper sofa). If I wanted to request a specific outer building at the GF- which one should I choose? Are they all typically the same outside of their location on the property?
Depends on the view and what criteria makes something the best.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
All standard outer building rooms (non-king/non-suite) have two queens and a daybed. If you are used to being in the main building, Big Pine Key and Sago Cay are the closest to it. Big Pine is close to the pools. Sago is very close to transportation (main building for monorail, bus stop and the new walking path to MK) and Gasparilla’s quick service.

jmargarone27

They all have pros and cons. I usually request Boca Chica or Big Pine Key, I’ve stayed in Sago Cay and Conch Key before but they’re not my favorites. But people do like Sago Cay because it’s close to the quick service and main building, and Conch Key has great views and is close to the boat dock. You really can’t go wrong!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I usually stay in Big Pine but I will agree with the others with Sago Cay if you want to be closer to Gasparillas and the bus stop

Pam

Raxel7851

We have only stayed at GF one time, and it was in Boca Chica. It was a little further walk to the Main Bldg., but certainly not a deal breaker. The grounds are beautiful, which made the walk more enjoyable. We had a wonderful view of the water.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Wait, what? Are the stores and restaurants shuttered right now?

I've been really out of the loop.
Guest rooms in the main building have not reopened yet because Club Level service has not returned.

The shops inside the main building have been open since last summer as are the Grand Floridian Cafe and Gasparilla’s. Other restaurants (1900 Park Fare, Citricos and V&A) have not reopened yet.

Enchanted Rose Lounge (formerly Mizner’s) is also open.

Beacon Joe

Guest rooms in the main building have not reopened yet because Club Level service has not returned.

The shops inside the main building have been open since last summer as are the Grand Floridian Cafe and Gasparilla’s. Other restaurants (1900 Park Fare, Citricos and V&A) have not reopened yet.

Thanks. So the same as last Summer, minus the NBA fencing? I'll take it.

EdnaMode

We've been assigned a room in the main building twice since reopening last year (Sep 2020 and Feb 2021.) We've never requested an upgrade (at GF or anywhere else) and those rooms were definitely not a bookable category. Both times we had booked Outer Garden View so I was pretty shocked to be placed in the main building -- I had also heard that main building guest rooms weren't being used. So...while I don't know if the main building guest rooms have been what could be described as "reopened" I do know for sure GF has used them at least some of the time this past year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom