Grand Floridian lighting

dgp602

Original Poster
Hello! Sorry if there is a post on this already. I just got back from WDW today and wanted to share. It appears that the white trim lighting that lined the roofs of the Grand Floridian are no longer working. I am not sure if this is a temporary isssue or a permanent cost saving measure. But in any case, it is visually horrible. That whole area is dark now and I feel that the loss of this lighting cheapens the hotel....

Does anyone have any info on this lighting? Has it been this way for a while?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Hello! Sorry if there is a post on this already. I just got back from WDW today and wanted to share. It appears that the white trim lighting that lined the roofs of the Grand Floridian are no longer working. I am not sure if this is a temporary isssue or a permanent cost saving measure. But in any case, it is visually horrible. That whole area is dark now and I feel that the loss of this lighting cheapens the hotel....

For a while now.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Is it permanent?
TBH I don’t know. I hope not. It seems like the popcorn lights have always been an eyesore due to lack of maintence, but I had also heard that a lot of the Roofs at the GF and GF Villas took a beating during the hurricanes last year, and there was some rehab cosmetic work done this year on the main building. I would hope this would be addressed soon.

peter11435

Are you refering to the ones on the main building and pool structures. The outer guest buildings have never had popcorn lighting.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
From @danlb_2000 in 2012.

Since you brought up the Grand Floridian I though I would repost these pictures from another thread on this topic.

12-5-11%2520187.jpg
DSC07009.JPG
QUOTE]

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I don't know what the lights are like now but I stayed there this past May and they were on and working and no they haven't been "out for years now" as an earlier poster said because I lived down in central FL back around 2015-2016 and we got the annual passes and went to DW a lot and they were working fine then. Also I've been since 2012 on four trips to DW, in addition to this year's trip and they were always on then, so no they haven't had problems for "years" now. It may have been recently that they're not working but as far as this being a problem and going on for a long while, no. Hopefully they'll get it fixed but I don't see it as an eyesore because even with those small lights, they weren't lighting up a whole lot to begin with so it might be a good thing if they just kept them off and left the lighting to being in and around the resorts where the guests staying there & visitors can see where they're walking at when walking through the resort.

And this, my dear WDWMagic friends, is why they will never fix those lights. What’s the point?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom