Grand Floridian Gym Equipment

Beacon Joe

Original Poster
I was most recently at the Saratoga Springs gym which was pretty well appointed, but a lot bigger. It's been a couple of years since I worked out at the GF and don't remember much except the cardio and circuit weight machines.

If I remember correctly, the GF gym had a Smith or possibly a power rack along the back wall, but no cable stack machine - is this still correct? And does anybody know the weight range of the available dumbbells?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I was most recently at the Saratoga Springs gym which was pretty well appointed, but a lot bigger. It's been a couple of years since I worked out at the GF and don't remember much except the cardio and circuit weight machines.

If I remember correctly, the GF gym had a Smith or possibly a power rack along the back wall, but no cable stack machine - is this still correct? And does anybody know the weight range of the available dumbbells?

The last time I worked out in the GF gym, there was a Smith machine but I don't remember seeing a cable stack - I would have used it. Dumbbells probably go up to 50 in the typical 5, 10, 15, etc., range. Plus 4 TMs, 2 bikes and 2 ellipticals. And the sparse cardio/circuit machines.

Of all the resort gyms I've used, Saratoga is the largest and most extensive in terms of equipment. My son-in-law said it was better equipped than his gym. The worst? OKW. They tried to shove a fitness center into a closet, lol.

I stay most of the time at Boulder Ridge, and I like their fitness center. Just wish they had more circuit machines. And I'm not liking people walking by able to see us as we work out - many times I'm in there late by myself. Those windows should be mirrored on the outside.

Beacon Joe

Original Poster
Thanks for the info! Good to know about the lack of a cable stack - my memory was really failing. Saratoga and Kidani both had them, and I was second guessing my recollection of there not being one at GF.

And, yeah, Saratoga's gym is better than my normal gym. And despite its limitations, at least the GF's is much, much cleaner than mine.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks for the info! Good to know about the lack of a cable stack - my memory was really failing. Saratoga and Kidani both had them, and I was second guessing my recollection of there not being one at GF.

And, yeah, Saratoga's gym is better than my normal gym. And despite its limitations, at least the GF's is much, much cleaner than mine.

The last time I used the leg curl at GF, the adjustment of the back was broken. Which made it real fun.

LAKid53

Premium Member
@Beacon Joe. We were at WL over the holiday weekend. Ran on the TM Saturday and Sunday. And standing there next to the Smith machine was a...you guessed it...cable stack. So maybe the GF fitness center has one also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom