Grand Floridian for a Conference

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Original Poster
Hey all! It looks like I'm more than likely being sent (against my will ;)) to the Grand Floridian for a conference from Feb 1-3. Those dates are from a Wednesday-Friday. My co-worker told me that she has gone to the same conference in past years and she stayed a few extra days.

Now here is where my question lies. She told me that Disney gave her the "convention" rate for her room as opposed to standard/passholder/promo rates going on at the moment. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this (I believe her 100% because, well, why would she lie)? And 2, does anyone have any idea how much said rate would be? Thanks all!

jgj123

Not sure what convention rate she was quoted or what rate your convention has, but this is info for a conference being held by the Louisiana State Bar Association from Feb 27 - March 1 (that's during the Mardi Gras break in my parts - based on the info, looks like standard check-in and check-out are prior to and after the CLE conference)

Room rates at the Disney Grand Floridian Resort and Spa® are $269 per night (excluding taxes of 12.5%.) The rates are for single/double occupancy, with a charge of $25 for each additional person 18 and older. These rates will be honored three days prior to (check-in Feb. 21) and three days after (check out March 6) the official meeting dates. Members are urged to register early, as there are only a limited number of rooms available at the discounted rates listed above.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Original Poster
Not sure what convention rate she was quoted or what rate your convention has, but this is info for a conference being held by the Louisiana State Bar Association from Feb 27 - March 1 (that's during the Mardi Gras break in my parts - based on the info, looks like standard check-in and check-out are prior to and after the CLE conference)

Room rates at the Disney Grand Floridian Resort and Spa® are $269 per night (excluding taxes of 12.5%.) The rates are for single/double occupancy, with a charge of $25 for each additional person 18 and older. These rates will be honored three days prior to (check-in Feb. 21) and three days after (check out March 6) the official meeting dates. Members are urged to register early, as there are only a limited number of rooms available at the discounted rates listed above.
Awesome. That is about how much she said the room rate was so it leads me to believe this is accurate. Thanks for info!

durangojim

Yep, conventions are a great way to go at the deluxe resorts. We're staying at the Yacht Club during Christmas and New Years and are paying $320 a night, which is expensive, but a steal compared to rack at that time of year.

dreamfinder

And your reasoning is exactly why WDW would offer you the convention rate. They want you to come in early/stay late and spend money. Go from maybe having you buy an Epcot after 4 PM ticket for one night, to a much more expensive 3-4 day MYW ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom