Grand Fiesta Tour Show Quality

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
And yet, you chose the name of the worst restaurant on property as your handle.

Hey now. It was worth it when they had Parmesan mashed potatoes. 😉 We went once after they were removed from the menu (unbeknownst to us). It featured the worst food we’ve ever had at Chef Mickey’s. Horribly disappointing.

Little Green Men

IF I had to go again, I’d absolutely order vegetarian so I wouldnt have to eat the low quality, unseasoned meat. Jesus, it was awful. I know good Mexican food, and this was so far from it. Taco Bell is miles better.
I’ve never had a bad meal with the Combinación Mexicana there

Chef Mickey

And yet, you chose the name of the worst restaurant on property as your handle.
Who said it's the restaurant?

San Angel is by FAR worse than Chef Mickey's though...which I agree is bad. It's just San Angel was so bad, it might have been the worst meal I've ever had at Disney.

Last edited:

Little Green Men

Not sure what is in it (that's not on the current menu), but seriously, the ribeye tacos were an awful excuse for Mexican food. Awful.
According to DIS
  • Braised Beef with Chile Pasilla Sauce served over Rajas Poblanos and Corn | Tamal de Pollo, Corn Tamal filled with Chipotle Chicken, topped with Mole Rojo and Cotija Cheese | Enchiladas de Pollo, Corn Tortillas filled with Chipotle Chicken covered with Mole Poblano, Crema Mexicana and Cotija Cheese

NelleBelle

Genuinely curious, when was the last time you ate there? I ask because I always heard horrible things and was scared to go but I finally caved and went recently (September 2020) just for the ambiance and it was honestly one of the best meals I had on property (granted I had the veggie tacos so maybe its different than having meat) but the ingredients were creative, the portion was generous and the tacos were delicious and creamy I genuinely couldn't wait to have my leftovers the next day.
Glad to hear they improved the vegetarian option (or that there even was a veggie option)! We ate here years ago and they didn't even have a veggie option...I had to ask for them to make one!!! And it was absolutely disgusting! We haven't dared go back, which is a shame because the ambience is so inviting in there for a "romantic" dinner...very reminiscent of Blue Bayou at DL. Debating about giving it a try when we go in April...🤔

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Zé_Carioca

Glad to hear they improved the vegetarian option (or that there even was a veggie option)! We ate here years ago and they didn't even have a veggie option...I had to ask for them to make one!!! And it was absolutely disgusting! We haven't dared go back, which is a shame because the ambience is so inviting in there for a "romantic" dinner...very reminiscent of Blue Bayou at DL. Debating about giving it a try when we go in April...🤔
Same! I was worried because it can be hit or miss (though lately Disney has greatly improved their plant-based and veggie meals so most places should have one now!) but their veggie tacos were different than most (not just sauteed onions and peppers). Here is the description:

Tacos de Vegetales- Flour Tortillas filled with Eggplant Purée, Confit Oyster Mushrooms and Crispy Brussels Sprouts, topped with Cotija Cheese and a drizzle of Truffle Oil served with Cilantro Rice

The eggplant puree was so creamy and with the truffle oil... yum, seriously so good. Hopefully my experience wasn't a fluke.

Edit: typo.

Parker in NYC

Stock is at an all-time high. Makes sense to pour everything into streaming and cut cast members and leave attractions to rot. Admission remains the same but people have the choice of not going.

That’s sarcasm.

DiSnEyF@n

cudjQEBhGorKDfToG_zv9lBBv4E=.gif

Please be joking...
I agree with this... me and my family love the “Donald Duck Ride” wtheck!

Marden

This is going back maybe twenty years, but San Angel used to have lobster enchiladas on the menu that were outstanding. When we were last there 3 years ago it was serviceable food, at best. Not bad but certainly not worth what we paid.

Dr. Ludwig von Drake

Not the ice skater, the boy in the poncho. He used to really move around. Tim Tracker pointed it out in one of his ride throughs.

They're all the same boy. As soon as your boat passes or you glance away, he runs backstage, changes outfits, and pops out as a new character (usually out of breath and with a flushed face).

You can see him get nervous when the boats get backed up. He's thinking "come on, come on, move these boats along, I got a wardrobe change to get through!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom