Grand Fiesta Tour Show Quality

The_Jobu

Original Poster
No, this is not a joke, this is serious business people.

One of my family's favourite attraction elements is the little Small World-esque Mexican boy animatronic going crazy on the dance floor. We'd joke about it, take lots of videos, say "look at him go!", great fun was had all around. But lately, watching youtubers go through the ride, the boy's exuberance has been reduced considerably. He kind of just shuffles back and forth in an existential malaise.

I don't know if there is a mechanical failure demanding he slow down, or if someone just decided he's making the other puppets look bad and reprogrammed him (which is exactly like Westworld, its basically the same philosophical issue).

If anyone has visited recently, or is about to visit, I'd appreciate an update on his status.

Again, this is not a joke, please stop judging me.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Is this the boy you're referring to?
20200308_120749.jpg

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

cudjQEBhGorKDfToG_zv9lBBv4E=.gif

Please be joking...

A Coco attraction has been designed for the Mexico Pavilion in Epcot and an unnamed location at DLR (possibly also for Paris, but my source isn't sure), but the actual implementation of the design has not been green lit. It did not make it in the revamp Epcot budget, which means that it is probably several years away. I'm told the designs would involve significant changes within the pavilion to accommodate necessary queue modifications. At this point, it looks more likely to arrive at DLR first when given the go-ahead.

JimW

Premium Member
The Coco rumor first surfaced on this board in 2016, and @marni1971 confirmed back then there were plans... three and a half years ago. However, @Magic Feather posted as recently in September 2019 that he's pretty sure it isn't happening: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/pixars-coco-coming-to-the-mexico-pavilion.915680/post-8903694

Even the quote from @WDW Pro above says that it didn't make the budget and is "probably several years away." Based on this information, I don't think we have anything to worry about, at least not in the near future.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
The Coco rumor first surfaced on this board in 2016, and @marni1971 confirmed back then there were plans... three and a half years ago. However, @Magic Feather posted as recently in September 2019 that he's pretty sure it isn't happening: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/pixars-coco-coming-to-the-mexico-pavilion.915680/post-8903694

Even the quote from @WDW Pro above says that it didn't make the budget and is "probably several years away." Based on this information, I don't think we have anything to worry about, at least not in the near future.

Wow, thanks for the update. I was worried they slowed him down, now I'm just relieved he's still there.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
At 12:53 you can see him really cutting a rug in his original glory:

After watching the video, I was reminded of one thing I noticed last December:

The torito (little bull) structure carried by another doll behind dancing boy, used to be lit up and had smoke effects like the girl's wand. Not anymore! :confused:

The_Jobu

Original Poster
After watching the video, I was reminded of one thing I noticed last December:

The torito (little bull) structure carried by another doll behind dancing boy, used to be lit up and had smoke effects like the girl's wand. Not anymore! :confused:

Sounds like poor show is creeping into the Mexico Pavilion...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom