Grand Californian Occupancy Question

Heppenheimer

Original Poster
I'm attending a conference at this hotel, and the room will be paid for by my employer, but I'm assuming only standard size rooms will be available for the conference. My wife and I may consider inviting her brother's family if they can fit in the standard room with us. In total, we would be 4 adults, a 10 year old, a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I'm thinking the 1 year old can sleep with my wife and I on a queen bed, and the 10 year old and 3 year old could either share the day bed, or the 3 year old could sleep in a roll-away crib. I'm not worried about crowding in the room because I'll be at the conference most of the day and everyone else would only use it for sleep, for the most part.

My only question is if 4 adults and the 3 kids would be allowed in one room. Disney official sources only list the room occupancy as "sleeps 5 adults". Not really interested in trying to game the system, since the room will be paid for anyway.

DisneyJoe

I'm attending a conference at this hotel, and the room will be paid for by my employer, but I'm assuming only standard size rooms will be available for the conference. My wife and I may consider inviting her brother's family if they can fit in the standard room with us. In total, we would be 4 adults, a 10 year old, a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I'm thinking the 1 year old can sleep with my wife and I on a queen bed, and the 10 year old and 3 year old could either share the day bed, or the 3 year old could sleep in a roll-away crib. I'm not worried about crowding in the room because I'll be at the conference most of the day and everyone else would only use it for sleep, for the most part.

My only question is if 4 adults and the 3 kids would be allowed in one room. Disney official sources only list the room occupancy as "sleeps 5 adults". Not really interested in trying to game the system, since the room will be paid for anyway.
Most Disney resorts for a standard room say "accommodates 4 + a child under 3 in a crib"; since this room has a daybed, the word is likely "sleeps 5 + 1 under 3 in a crib". Since you have 6 + 1 under 3 you have 1 person too many.

Heppenheimer

Original Poster
Thanks, I thought 7 would probably be too many. I'll probably just see if I can get a room with a king bed for the 3 of us, then.

Darkbeer1

Remember, one of the perks of GCH is early entry. For that, each person must have their own room key, including children (Under 3 doesn't need one). The Front desk will only issue up to the fire marshal limit for the room.

Heppenheimer

Original Poster
On a related question, does a 1 year old need a park ticket? I can purchase 6 tickets specially discounted for the conference. Since it appears I can't treat them to a free room at the Grand Californian, if our 1 year old doesn't need a ticket, I can at least offer my brother-in-law's family 4 park tickets at a greatly discounted cost.

DisneyJoe

On a related question, does a 1 year old need a park ticket? I can purchase 6 tickets specially discounted for the conference. Since it appears I can't treat them to a free room at the Grand Californian, if our 1 year old doesn't need a ticket, I can at least offer my brother-in-law's family 4 park tickets at a greatly discounted cost.
No. Ages 3-9 need children's tickets, ages 10+ need adult tickets

Heppenheimer

Original Poster
And another question... although I've stayed at this hotel previously, I don't remember this detail. My research has indicated that the rooms do not have microwaves (but they do feature refrigerators). Are there any publicly available microwaves? I'm going to assume that the room I booked at the conference rate is not situated on the concierge level.

And I'll just throw this out, because this is a new experience to me: any other useful tips for visiting Disneyland with a baby? He'll be about 17 months old at the time of the visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom