Grand Californian - New Add-on Membership!

wild01ride

Original Poster
Woo Hoo!
Just got the email confirmation that our resale contract closed and the deed is being processed by DVC to be transfered to us!
We have been DVC Members by proxy of my parents ("Additional Purchaser") for a long time, but since the first time I stepped foot in Grand Californian, it was my dream to become a member there.
As many probably know, it's tough to get a DVC reservation there within the 7month window, especially if it's at any type of a busy time of year (it's hard to find an un-busy time of year at the DLR hotels it seems)!
So, I sucked it up last Fall. Put my "garage car" (as friends and family called it) up for sale and when it sold...my quest was on!
I had my eye out weekly, daily, hourly, for one of those elusive VGC contracts, and finally, the right one popped up. As soon as I had the $ in my hand, the deposit went down and the rest is history (I guess it will be once I have the Member Number for this contract).

I'm interested to see how the integration goes - if there is a way that they can at least allow me to manage both sets of contracts on the DVC Member Site with one being on one Member Number as an original DVC purchase and a second Member Number as a resale purchase.

Anyhow, I SOOOOOO excited to be able to call VGC "Home"!

Thanks for letting me enjoy my moment. I knew my wdwmagic people could appreciate it!

wild01ride

Original Poster
The GC is a beautiful property, just needs more units.....

I agree wholeheartedly!

As much as it was tough to stomach the price per point for VGC, I really wanted to get at least the home resort booking advantage specifically because of the fact that it has always been so hard to find availability.
I really wish they did have more units. Unfortunately, making the GC resort rooms available for the Disney Collection is not a reasonable alternative in my opinion. The point value of the villas is already high and then the Disney Collection GC rooms are astronomical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom