Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

matt9112

I wonder if they will move the outdoor props/scenes from Star Tours in SWGE in the future once they close the attraction.

probably not....different time line..than again disney doesn't care about making sense in the sw universe lol. but the old props like the bike etc shouldnt be in new land from a time line prospective.

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

NiarrNDisney

Those are bathrooms or at least part of it is. They could simply re-theme it.

Well that is unfortunate! The exterior is an eye sore and would look better on the side of Backlot Express instead of next to a Art Deco styled building near a "trendy up and coming downtown area".
Plus having a more defined street with less turns would open the area up making it look more like a city street bringing back a little of what was Streets of America to the area.

Last edited:

Rose&Crown

Those are bathrooms or at least part of it is. They could simply re-theme it.
I mean the restrooms near PizzaRizzo aren’t that far away if they ever removed these. I get keeping them. One thing I like about HS is a bathroom is never far where sometimes I. MK or AK it’s further. In the WS at Epcot there’s a good amount too.

The whole area here should be more open looking into grand ave IMO.

WhatTheDisney94

I’m still bothered that the Grand Avenue facade wasn’t continued on the wall behind Baseline/Baseline isn’t the same height as the facade.
I'm more bothered that they took the time to repaint the Streets of America facades and add the Baseline facade, but didn't bother to touch up the adjoining Sci-Fi Dine-In's beige and bare soundstage look. Was it too hard to give it that same brick Baseline look?

TJJohn12

It still fits the theme of the Sci-fi dine in, in which you are on a set, in a soundstage. They could have altered the building's facade but as of now it still fits.

It still fits the theme of Dine-in. But Dine-in is swiftly not fitting the theme of DHS. I’m wondering how structurally reliant the GA facades are on Dine-in’s soundstage wall...

kthomas105

This photo is from @Bioreconstruct on twitter. Is that the start of a new foundation beside the current restrooms??? This is where the speeder bike photo op used to be located as well as planters. The original thought was that they were simply widening the path for the opening of SWGE but they may also be adding a building.
1557012101462.png

sedati

This photo is from @Bioreconstruct on twitter. Is that the start of a new foundation beside the current restrooms??? This is where the speeder bike photo op used to be located as well as planters. The original thought was that they were simply widening the path for the opening of SWGE but they may also be adding a building.
View attachment 369390
Definately looks like a foundation, and there's a lot of utilities there as well.

kthomas105

Definately looks like a foundation, and there's a lot of utilities there as well.
Hard to tell the type of utility from the photo, electrical conduit or plumbing. Suppose it could be expansion of the restrooms it abuts or a new food service kiosk similar to the one that was built across from the entrance to TSL.

YodaMan

The previous DVC kiosk by ABC was demolished and then re-paved in a matter of days. If this was simply about widening the walkway I feel like it would have been completed by now and been a much faster project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom