Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

FigmentFan3

I wouldn’t be surprised to see some kind of foliage such as ivy eventually growing on those walls.
I mean, here’s the real ones for comparison...
518EA815-886E-4479-BA18-96B0B74B58ED.jpeg

matt9112

What is the end of Grand Ave in the way of? SWL isn't opening for almost 2 full years yet.

me it's in the way of me. the last thing I want to see in one of my fav areas of the park are some people smoking it up like there life depends on it.

sarcasm is I don't really care but I do think it's a poor spot. we need to ban smoking and create a new arm of security that bans people fo life for smoking. ;)

Goofyernmost

me it's in the way of me. the last thing I want to see in one of my fav areas of the park are some people smoking it up like there life depends on it.

sarcasm is I don't really care but I do think it's a poor spot. we need to ban smoking and create a new arm of security that bans people fo life for smoking. ;)
Yea, they are evil people indeed. ;)

jmuboy

It's a shame because it sounded like a fantastic idea. If they were heckling people that were waiting, or just retelling various Star Wars stories a la Great Moments in History it would be awesome.

Muppets retelling Star Wars stories in costume would be hysterical with Statler and Waldorf heckling the crowd..... perfect idea ( most likely why they aren’t doing it then ) 🤣

HauntedMansionFLA

Muppets retelling Star Wars stories in costume would be hysterical with Statler and Waldorf heckling the crowd..... perfect idea ( most likely why they aren’t doing it then ) 🤣
People are so uptight that they would be on social media crying that Disney was bullying them. It’s too bad. You should be able to laugh at yourself and have fun. I, for one, would love to be part of the act.

I had a quick trip to WDW last weekend and I made sure to stop by Grand Ave and Baseline. I was quite impressed for the most part! I do think the wall that Baseline shares with Sci-Fi should be themed, and it will be a bit more immersive once the trees that were planted next to Star Tours grow in.
I got the Create-Your-Own Beer Flight, with Angel City IPA, Sierra Nevada Sidecar Orange Pale Ale, Green Flash Passion Fruit Kicker Wheat Ale, and Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider. All were delicious!
IMG_1113.jpeg

Magenta Panther

I had a quick trip to WDW last weekend and I made sure to stop by Grand Ave and Baseline. I was quite impressed for the most part! I do think the wall that Baseline shares with Sci-Fi should be themed, and it will be a bit more immersive once the trees that were planted next to Star Tours grow in.
I got the Create-Your-Own Beer Flight, with Angel City IPA, Sierra Nevada Sidecar Orange Pale Ale, Green Flash Passion Fruit Kicker Wheat Ale, and Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider. All were delicious!
View attachment 269667

Awesome. Any dark beers, like porter, available?

I am Timmy

View attachment 269667
Did you get to try the Bavarian pretzel? It's delicious, if not maybe try it when you go back. I don't drink, but I bet it would be good with beer.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Main Street USA LA

Also...

Photo update as of Saturday, April 21, 2018. The earth on top of the Grand Avenue tunnel has been "forested" with trees recently, completely obscuring the Star Wars Land rockwork. The addition of these trees not only separates the sight lines between the two lands, but from the Grand Avenue side it gives the appearance that a hillside exists over the tunnel, looking more like the Los Angeles it was built to resemble.

View attachment 279452

View attachment 279453

Kman101

Really like that view! I don't love they put SW Land there instead of the parking lot behind Indy but it looks really nice with the added trees. I'd love some nice lighting package on them too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom