Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Will the tunnel entrance be covered in trees and overgrowth? Maybe some rock work to enhance the appearance of actually cutting through the Hollywood Hills into SWL?

To either side of the tunnel are big dirt berms sealed in a concrete pen. Trees and stuff will be planted there.

aladdin2007

I finally got to visit the area earlier this week — generally speaking, Grand Avenue reminded me of the worst parts of DCA (in both it’s original and made-over incarnations); put you nowhere and gave you nothing. I feel like the place making in Hollywood Studios, mostly held-over from the MGM days, goes underrated, but Grand Avenue seemed to draw contrast to the other areas of the park and demonstrate how rich they are in comparison. Being in this area didn’t make me feel like I was anywhere special, or even distinct. It sounds like that might be the point since it’s the lead-in to Star Wars Land and sure to rival Small World/Pan as bottleneck of the century, but it was still disappointing. I did try a drink at the Tap House and enjoyed it, but certainly am not interested in spending time on Grand Avenue itself. It felt like such a non-space, especially with Muppets next door.

Anyone else feel similarly?

This, and I agree with you in full.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I hope they plan on painting that large tunnel. It looks awful as just cement.

I am pretty sure that's the final product, it's accurate to the source...

Tunnels_%20%281%29-thumb-600x479-77250.jpg

Jon81uk

The tunnel is OK as bare concrete, but the bits either side of the gates near the muppets exit need painting pink to match the building next to it. Or it should be brick and the theatre exit ramp redone to brick to match the real theatre not soundstage look better.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

The tunnel is OK as bare concrete, but the bits either side of the gates near the muppets exit need painting pink to match the building next to it. That it should be brick and the theatre exit ramp redone to brick to match the real theatre not soundstage look better.
I actually think the Pink building should be re-painted so it's, ya know, not pink. I've never liked the color of that show building.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Will the tunnel entrance be covered in trees and overgrowth? Maybe some rock work to enhance the appearance of actually cutting through the Hollywood Hills into SWL?

To either side of the tunnel are big dirt berms sealed in a concrete pen. Trees and stuff will be planted there.

A grassy “hill” should appear on the top of the tunnnel building, along with miniature trees and shrubs.

Cake

Being in this area didn’t make me feel like I was anywhere special, or even distinct. I

Ditto. I was at Baseline last week and commented to those with me that Baseline captured LA/Calif hipster scene, it was missing homeless on the sidewalk, smell of urine and garbage everywhere.

I am not a fan of LA. It is dirty, concrete everywhere. I get it, I’m at DHS, and I emphasize Studio over everything else.

With that said, I like Baseline. We had the Sierra Nevada Orange IPA and the cheese/charcuterie platter. All was good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom