Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

matt9112

You should hear car noises and if you listen carefully conversations going on as well.

yeah I dig it....i like the conflicting noises vs one general soundtrack for entire area. music from tap house....car noises from above the facade and the newish landscaping in front of tatoonie traders.

this new mini area might be one of my favs. wierd but man it's pretty well done so far.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looks like the end of Grand Avenue will be opening to guests soon. Picture from bioreconstruct on Twitter.

upload_2017-12-17_8-26-0.png

upload_2017-12-17_8-26-26.png

yensidtlaw1969

I finally got to visit the area earlier this week — generally speaking, Grand Avenue reminded me of the worst parts of DCA (in both it’s original and made-over incarnations); put you nowhere and gave you nothing. I feel like the place making in Hollywood Studios, mostly held-over from the MGM days, goes underrated, but Grand Avenue seemed to draw contrast to the other areas of the park and demonstrate how rich they are in comparison. Being in this area didn’t make me feel like I was anywhere special, or even distinct. It sounds like that might be the point since it’s the lead-in to Star Wars Land and sure to rival Small World/Pan as bottleneck of the century, but it was still disappointing. I did try a drink at the Tap House and enjoyed it, but certainly am not interested in spending time on Grand Avenue itself. It felt like such a non-space, especially with Muppets next door.

Anyone else feel similarly?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I finally got to visit the area earlier this week — generally speaking, Grand Avenue reminded me of the worst parts of DCA (in both it’s original and made-over incarnations); put you nowhere and gave you nothing. I feel like the place making in Hollywood Studios, mostly held-over from the MGM days, goes underrated, but Grand Avenue seemed to draw contrast to the other areas of the park and demonstrate how rich they are in comparison. Being in this area didn’t make me feel like I was anywhere special, or even distinct. It sounds like that might be the point since it’s the lead-in to Star Wars Land and sure to rival Small World/Pan as bottleneck of the century, but it was still disappointing. I did try a drink at the Tap House and enjoyed it, but certainly am not interested in spending time on Grand Avenue itself. It felt like such a non-space, especially with Muppets next door.

No

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It's most likely temporary and will be rethemed years from now when it's no longer the holding pen for 500 people waiting to get into SWGEB.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom