Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

BD-Anaheim

As a resident of DTLA, I find the thematic elements of Grand Ave a bit perplexing. For instance, the recent addition of the lamp posts are not consistent with the green lantern-style lights of the real Grand Ave, and the original Streets of America buildings more closely resembled Grand Ave / DTLA compared to the update.

It'll be a nice transition area, no doubt. Will it be an honest attempt to evoke the spirit of DTLA in a similar way that Sunset Blvd evokes Old Hollywood? Definitely not.

becca_

grand-avenue-08152017-5.jpg

All credit to blogmickey.com

What purpose are these going to serve? I'm really curious...

Movielover

Well duhhh :rolleyes: but like... why

Well gates have been known to keep people out of places... but these look like really big gates....

hmmm... big gates... "BIG Gates"... sounds like "Bill Gates"...

Bill Gates founded Microsoft, Microsoft created Windows operating system, Window is what you that you toss a overpriced laptop out of, Apple makes overpriced laptops, that means...

APPLE MUST BE BUYING DISNEY!!!!

Dang I'm good!
damn-i-m-good-o.gif

Next Big Thing

Those look like the parade gates at MK which is a bit odd... are they just there to look pretty or do they have a purpose?

OR, maybe part of that area will be transferred to backstage space and those will be backstage gates. The reason for having gates would be so they could get heavier equipment out during third shift to clean?

Tmeaux30

My guess would be that this will be the new entrance to backstage. The current entrance to Muppet Courtyard right next to Star Tours exit will probably be trees and shrubs. The facade on the side of Star Tours would clash with the Grand Ave area so they need to hide it. By moving the Muppet entrance to Grand Ave, the old entrance can be redesigned to hide the side of Star Tours.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My guess would be that this will be the new entrance to backstage. The current entrance to Muppet Courtyard right next to Star Tours exit will probably be trees and shrubs. The facade on the side of Star Tours would clash with the Grand Ave area so they need to hide it. By moving the Muppet entrance to Grand Ave, the old entrance can be redesigned to hide the side of Star Tours.

This makes sense to me.

Exomonia

Could it be something like a "Muppet Studios" style gate, that they will keep open? It will make Muppets stand out as its own thing, separate from Grand Avenue and the (temporary) Star Wars duo that is SWL and Star Tours.

NeedMoreMickey

As a resident of DTLA, I find the thematic elements of Grand Ave a bit perplexing. For instance, the recent addition of the lamp posts are not consistent with the green lantern-style lights of the real Grand Ave, and the original Streets of America buildings more closely resembled Grand Ave / DTLA compared to the update.

It'll be a nice transition area, no doubt. Will it be an honest attempt to evoke the spirit of DTLA in a similar way that Sunset Blvd evokes Old Hollywood? Definitely not.
Most people probably wouldn't know the lamps are different. Getting ready to walk into a made up backyard for toys lamp posts are probably down on the noticeable list

PizzaPlanet

New backstage entrance makes sense. This basically confirms that the current walkway to Muppets Courtyard will be closed off. But I will miss the current backstage entrance gate:
muppet-vision-3d-sign-1-9.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom