Gran Destino anyone?

Miss Bella

Original Poster
Has anyone booked this resort. I'm a deluxe girl, but I booked a club level room at this resort in August. I'm not sure what club level entails at this resort, but the price was good. 275.00 per night with the new discounts. When passholder rates come out I may end up changing to a deluxe, but I've spent two nights at CSR a few years ago and liked the resort. The only thing I didn't like was not having indoor hallways. This tower seems to resolve that issue. The pictures of the rooms look nice and similar to the deluxe's minus a balcony. I really don't see any negatives at this point.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Has anyone booked this resort. I'm a deluxe girl, but I booked a club level room at this resort in August. I'm not sure what club level entails at this resort, but the price was good. 275.00 per night with the new discounts. When passholder rates come out I may end up changing to a deluxe, but I've spent two nights at CSR a few years ago and liked the resort. The only thing I didn't like was not having indoor hallways. This tower seems to resolve that issue. The pictures of the rooms look nice and similar to the deluxe's minus a balcony. I really don't see any negatives at this point.

I've seen people here and on reddit say they booked the first opening weeks. But, with it being so new, I think everyone's in the dark until they let a few vloggers get a sneak peak when the rooms are ready.

Zé_Carioca

I just stayed there club level (Chronos Club) and had the best experience, I highly recommend. I stayed at club at different resorts and service and food wise this has been the best. They upgraded us to a deluxe suite upon hearing we were celebrating and went out of their way to make our stay extra special. The club itself is still super new and modern which also gives it a deluxe feel. The food was delicious and I felt like they offered much more than your typical snacks and hors d'oeuvres at the other clubs. Plus, they had so many veggie/vegan options which was great because I didn't have to scavage for sides or ask if there was anything that I could have. Another thing I though was neat is that they had games and super interesting Disney Animation and Spanish culture/cuisine books so you could entertain yourself for long hours at the club.

Cons: No balcony, fireworks had to be seen from windows (so there were light glares) and the music wasn't piped in. However, the floor-to-ceiling windows made for an amazing view! I could even see Galaxy's Edge!

Another con is that while most club levels you stay at the highest floor, here it is a club access so your room can be on any floor and have access to the club on the 15th. However, since it is a tower, most rooms still have an impressive view!

Some photos (there was even more food, spread across many tables)
Welcome Letter:

Lounge:

Drink Table:

Snacks:

Hors D'oeuvres:

Dessert:

Breakfast:

Attachments

• 1AC93A58-2159-4752-B966-883A3C62548E.jpg
    1AC93A58-2159-4752-B966-883A3C62548E.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Zé_Carioca

Some photos of the Lobby and Lower Lobby with the Barcelona Lounge:

On the 16th floor there is another lounge (Dahlia) with an outside and inside rooftop bar which had the best view in the tower. Dahlia serves drinks and some tapas and across from it there is the Signature restaurant, Toledo which serves Steak, Seafood and Tapas.

Zé_Carioca

Some Photos of the Deluxe Studio (sleeps 4- 1 King and 1 queen pull-out couch):

Studio had one living room with a coffee station, one half bath, a small table (2 chairs) and a pull out couch with a lounge chair and a Smart TV which connected to the main bedroom with a King bed, another Smart TV and the main bathroom which had two sinks, one glass shower and a separate toilet area.

These smart TVs are great, they have on-demand Disney movies and is connected to your My Disney Experience so you can view your photopass photos and your plan from it as well as look for park info (hours, shows, etc).

Ghostdog

We are booked for April 2020 in a standard room. We’re looking forward to staying in a brand new resort building. It looks beautiful. I have never stayed club level at any resort.

Last edited:

CLEtoWDW

Just by looking at the pictures the food options (especially for breakfast and dessert) seem to be much more limited than those of deluxe resorts. Again, you get what you pay for when it comes to Disney.

Zé_Carioca

Just by looking at the pictures the food options (especially for breakfast and dessert) seem to be much more limited than those of deluxe resorts. Again, you get what you pay for when it comes to Disney.
My pictures honestly don’t do it justice. There were about three “islands” of food for each meal and I only took pics of one per meal. I have stayed at WL, BC and Poly club and felt like this had the most creative and inspiring options. Granted, i’m vegetarian so that plays a part since Chronos had plant-based meatballs, mushroom ceviche and many other creative veggie meals while I usually find club food for vegetarians to be lacking sometimes.

Ghostdog

Love the room pictures. Looks like everything you’d need is provided in the bathrooms. Do you remember everything that was provided on the sink...mouthwash, lotion... is that sunblock I see?

Zé_Carioca

Love the room pictures. Looks like everything you’d need is provided in the bathrooms. Do you remember everything that was provided on the sink...mouthwash, lotion... is that sunblock I see?
Since its a club access room I think we got more stuff than regular rooms would get but we had sunscreen, aloe, lotion, foot rub, mini toothbrush and paste, mouthwash, shower cap, mini shaving kit and the beauty kit (nail file, cotton swabs etc.) on top of soap, shampoo, conditioner and body wash.

I’d guess that the standard rooms would have lotion, shower caps, soap, shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Maybe more!

Ghostdog

Since its a club access room I think we got more stuff than regular rooms would get but we had sunscreen, aloe, lotion, foot rub, mini toothbrush and paste, mouthwash, shower cap, mini shaving kit and the beauty kit (nail file, cotton swabs etc.) on top of soap, shampoo, conditioner and body wash.

I’d guess that the standard rooms would have lotion, shower caps, soap, shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Maybe more!
Thanks! Minus the sunblock that is everything we had at AKL in 2018. I’ll call the front desk to find out prior to my trip what exactly is provided in the room. I like to pack as little toiletries as possible since the weight of them takes up needed souvenir space.

ninjaprincesst

It's just too blah to me. Disney has a trend toward boring hotels. Part of the Disney World experience to me is the themed hotels, you can go anywhere an stay in a nice hotel. I like the total experience of feeling like when I am at Disney i take a break from the outside non Disney world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom