Grammatical Error Pointed out by 4th Grader

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know it was completely wrong for me to think this, I know I am going to hell, blah, blah, blah but all I could think when I saw this story this morning was "Future forum grammar Nazi"

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Grammar wasn't taught in the days of dinosaurs! :rolleyes:

Don't 4th graders know anything? I guess I'm smarter than them! :king:

raven

So Wesh 2 News decided to put the story on television because...? I guess this week there isn't much to air since Disney's in a slump between vehicle crashes and they needed something to report. :rolleyes: This kind of signage is all over the place and I believe it's intentional.

brkgnews

This whole thing blows me away... I realllllllly don't get why this is news, or even news-ish. It's literally no different than a kid seeing a misspelled sign at Walmart and pointing it out.

Meanwhile, Space Mountain was "out of this would" for years and nobody got on TV for it. :rolleyes:

If this qualifies as news, then I'm going to point out all the "fer"s on that pin trading sign in Frontierland, so I can be on TV.

brkgnews

So Wesh 2 News decided to put the story on television because...? I guess this week there isn't much to air since Disney's in a slump between vehicle crashes and they needed something to report. :rolleyes: This kind of signage is all over the place and I believe it's intentional.
Ya know, I'm usually pretty defensive about people claiming that the media is biased against someone/something... but this story really did have me wondering just a bit about that. LOL

Pioneer Hall

Last news I heard was that Websters, the UK, and every teaching union that represents english teachers is suing Disney for a blatant and intentional misuse of the english language that was deliberately done to damage the developing brains of children everywhere.

brkgnews

One neat note (which, of course, didn't get mentioned in the story itself... you have to pause the video to read the text) was that the letter to the little girl came from WDI (Imagineering), making her an honorary Imagineer, and sending her a copy of Alex Wright's Imagineering Field Guide and an exclusive Imagineering pin. Now THAT's a decent and cute human interest element that makes it a nice "fluff" piece. Good on ya, WDI.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Last news I heard was that Websters, the UK, and every teaching union that represents english teachers is suing Disney for a blatant and intentional misuse of the english language that was deliberately done to damage the developing brains of children everywhere.
That lawsuit could readily be brought on the entire U.S. population! :rolleyes:

:lookaroun

Psssst.... "English" is always capitalized as in "English teachers" and "English language"..... :animwink:

GrumpyFan

I'm pretty sure the mis-spelling/gramatical error is intentional by WDI.
If I remember correctly the sign is being held up by a a silly looking dinosaur, and everybody knows that dinosaurs can't spell very well. :ROFLOL:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
One neat note (which, of course, didn't get mentioned in the story itself... you have to pause the video to read the text) was that the letter to the little girl came from WDI (Imagineering), making her an honorary Imagineer, and sending her a copy of Alex Wright's Imagineering Field Guide and an exclusive Imagineering pin. Now THAT's a decent and cute human interest element that makes it a nice "fluff" piece. Good on ya, WDI.
That was a reward that I would love to have yet one of the local broadcasters here in Jacksonville made the snide comment "Just a certificate...no free tickets?":brick:

muteki

Proof that Orlando press will print anything negative about Disney, regardless of its microscopic insignificance.

jeffk410

I always thought that was on purpose... Can someone keep track of the sign to see if they actually do switch it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom