Grad Nights vs Tour Groups

Mickey_777

Original Poster
How bad are Grad nights anyway? We'll be able to make it work so that of the 4 days we'll be at the parks in June, only 1 will be during Grad Nights. It's on a Friday though. Anyone know if Fridays are reserved for out-of-town schools rather then local ones since they've have to make the drive out to Anaheim? I'm just trying to get an idea. Also, how would grad night compare to tour groups for those with WDW experience (crowds & behavior)? Been to DL many times, just never during Grad Nights. I feel like a dork asking all these questions.

westie

We just canceled our may trip because a castmember was nice enough to inform us that grad-night would be taking place 2 of our 3 day trip. And its no longer grad-Night, they let them in during the day and night, both parks. No thanks! I'll take bazillions of brazillians over angst inspired teens any time. We'll come some other time.

GiveMeTheMusic

How bad are Grad nights anyway? We'll be able to make it work so that of the 4 days we'll be at the parks in June, only 1 will be during Grad Nights. It's on a Friday though. Anyone know if Fridays are reserved for out-of-town schools rather then local ones since they've have to make the drive out to Anaheim? I'm just trying to get an idea. Also, how would grad night compare to tour groups for those with WDW experience (crowds & behavior)? Been to DL many times, just never during Grad Nights. I feel like a dork asking all these questions.

I've never had a problem other than that it is more crowded on Grad Nites. I'd take a Grad Nite over a park full of WDW tour groups any day of the week.

Mickey_777

Original Poster
I hope not cause you hear horror stories online. They're teens so being loud is one thing but line cutting and weed on the DL Railroad is another...

JillC LI

We had two full days to spend at DLR last May. One was a Grad Nite. We chose to spend the non-Grad Nite at DCA and the Grad Nite at DL because DCA has a special showing of WOC for the grads, and we didn't want to have to cut our day short there. I will say that DL was very crowded that day (much more so than DCA was the day before on a nonGrad Night), but with the wise use of FPs we were able to do quite a lot. We didn't find the grads to behave badly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom