GPS Tracker

nolatron

Original Poster
Has anyone used any sort of GPS enabled device (other than a cellphone) to create a GPS track of your day in a park?

Whenever we visit WDW, we always do up a daily journal to recap what we did and sometimes even a few hours later forget what order we did stuff. So I thought doing a GPS track might be a fun way to see just how we traverse the park and help us remember what order we did things.

I've got my iPhone but curious if there's a smaller device that may do that same and possibly have a enough battery life to last the whole day with needing to be plugged into a portable battery. Maybe something like a Fitbit would do it?

Phonedave

I use an old Garmin Forerunner when I run, It records your track and you can then download the track off of the watch and it will overlay it onto a map. You can then even play back the run.

Mine is quite old, and in fact I no longer use it to GPS track the runs, just to look at total distance / time. I am no longer so insane that I look at mile splits, elevation gain / drop, etc. The only thing is, it will not last an entire day. The new ones might, but my old one only gets about 5 - 6 hours of life on a charge.

Here is a (not particularly fast) track from one of the Wine and Dine Half Marathons.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/118992940

-dave

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Has anyone used any sort of GPS enabled device (other than a cellphone) to create a GPS track of your day in a park?

Whenever we visit WDW, we always do up a daily journal to recap what we did and sometimes even a few hours later forget what order we did stuff. So I thought doing a GPS track might be a fun way to see just how we traverse the park and help us remember what order we did things.

I've got my iPhone but curious if there's a smaller device that may do that same and possibly have a enough battery life to last the whole day with needing to be plugged into a portable battery. Maybe something like a Fitbit would do it?
Apple Watch could do the job. You could start a walking workout, and it would map your route which you can then view later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom