Got tickets now what? Staying offsite

6laurac

Original Poster
I've been trying to read the posts from people who are staying offsite and bought tickets in advance. You guys have all the answers!

Here are my questions-
When the tickets arrive can I then activate my Disney account to request my FastPasses or will I have to wait until the day I get to the park to frantically try for a FP? I would like to get FP's at least 30 days ahead if I can.

Will I have to buy a magicband or will my tickets work just fine without having a magicband since I am staying offsite-thus saving me some money? If they are mainly to keep from losing my tickets, then hopefully I won't have to buy them.

Thanks for the help. We leave early May so I am trying to get ready.

sgtmgd

You need to sign into mydisneyexperience and link you tickets and then you can make your fastpass+ reservations.

lilclerk

Will I have to buy a magicband or will my tickets work just fine without having a magicband since I am staying offsite-thus saving me some money? If they are mainly to keep from losing my tickets, then hopefully I won't have to buy them.
No need for a magicband, your ticket cards will work fine for park entrance and FP+. Once you receive your tickets, link them to your MDE account. You'll be able to make FP+ selections 30 days out.

LaughingGravy

I have a follow up question. We are going soon with our Marching Band. The kids will be trusted with park hopper passes not being taken away at the gate so they can book fast passes upon arrival, but say they have a 3 day park hopper pass handed to them on day 1 at MK. I have tried to see if we can get them in advance, but the answer is no.

Can they book at an MK kiosk for Epcot or the Studios for the next day?
Or, could they mistakenly book for MK for the next day, and then be locked in and not be able to change that 2nd day fast pass for MK even if we go to the Studios?
I guess, once booked, how flexible is changing a FP?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I have a follow up question. We are going soon with our Marching Band. The kids will be trusted with park hopper passes not being taken away at the gate so they can book fast passes upon arrival, but say they have a 3 day park hopper pass handed to them on day 1 at MK. I have tried to see if we can get them in advance, but the answer is no.

Or, could they mistakenly book for MK for the next day, and then be locked in and not be able to change that 2nd day fast pass for MK even if we go to the Studios?
To book same-day fastpasses (which seems to be the case with school groups) you use the in-park kiosk. You can only book fastpasses for the park you are in, so you cannot book Epcot from MK, for example. You can make changes to fastpass selections (want a different attraction or change in time) by visiting a kiosk.

Rob562

Perfect that's what I needed to hear.

While you're waiting for the tickets to arrive, take a few minutes to set up profiles for everyone in My Disney Experience, if you haven't already.

If you'll be the master planner, create a "managed by you" sub-profile for each person under your own MDE account.
If you have adults (or older children) who will want to "own" their own account, when you're setting up their sub-profile click on the "Invite to Plan and Share" button and fill in their email address. They'll get an invite from you and can log in and create their own profile.

I find that ensuring that MDE profiles are set up properly before you start linking anything to them is well worth the couple of minutes it takes to do it. And when the tickets arrive you can log in and link them right away.

-Rob

davidpw97

As someone else has said, I'd recommend the students set up MDE accounts before the trip so as soon as they have the tickets in hand they can add them to the account and start making FP. They don't need to use the kiosk if they have a mobile device with the app and i'm assuming if these are High school kids, most of them will have smart phones. If using the kiosk it would be difficult to book for the next day and there are always cast members standing there to help anyone unfamiliar with the system. Fastpasses are easy to change once booked as long as there are other things available.

LaughingGravy

While you're waiting for the tickets to arrive, take a few minutes to set up profiles for everyone in My Disney Experience, if you haven't already.

If you'll be the master planner, create a "managed by you" sub-profile for each person under your own MDE account.
If you have adults (or older children) who will want to "own" their own account, when you're setting up their sub-profile click on the "Invite to Plan and Share" button and fill in their email address. They'll get an invite from you and can log in and create their own profile.

I find that ensuring that MDE profiles are set up properly before you start linking anything to them is well worth the couple of minutes it takes to do it. And when the tickets arrive you can log in and link them right away.

-Rob
This is a nice idea. However, I am a band parent kind of at the mercy of the band director and travel company the school was required to contract with to get the tickets/numbers.
It was just only recently decided that the kids will be able to hold on to their tix in order to book fast passes. I have to take this one step at a time.
I would be happy to take this on, and I will indicate as such. But, this is also a band director who goes to WDW multiple times a year and just this agreement to let them hold onto their tix has been a kind of negotiation.

(sigh)....as it is now, we're not getting on to the buses from our off site hotel to go to the parks until park official opening time. I'm working on improving that, but you can see my bit of frustration.

sjhym333

One would hope that a band director who goes to WDW multiple times a year would be more sympathetic. That has to be frustrating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom