Got so caught up with everything, I forgot my Dumbo. :(

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
When I was at WDW a few weeks ago, I got so caught up in taking a billion photos, seeing everything and having a good time that I completely forgot the one thing that I really, really wanted to get: the new Dumbo popcorn holder.

Why? I don't know. But I LOVE IT. I even saw them the first few days of my trip and thought "Ill get one on my way out of the park" and then forgot. For five straight days.

Now I'm wishing I had remembered. I want one. For my desk at work. I have severe Disney withdrawal happening today... he could sure cheer me up :(

Is there anything you've promised yourself you were going to do or get and then completely forgot to?

*Sigh*

JIMINYCR

WOW... just saw the photo of one, I can understand how disappointed you are on missing out on one.:(
images
images

Sure hope they have them on hand in SEPT. We eat lots of popcorn in our house and I'd love having a few of those on hand.
I always make a list of things I want to bring home with me, I post the list in my resort and check off what I have gotten and what I've missed so before I leave I can be sure to have everything. Before I started doing that, one time I had to run out to MK and grab an item someone had asked me to get for them and fortunately I had just enough time before the ME pick up. Learned my lesson. Now I post my list.

DizneyPryncess

You should call the merchandise line, you can probably buy one & have it sent to you! I really wanted the monorail t-shirt the one year, and DH called them, and they shipped one to us. We got the popcorn bucket for DD a few weeks ago, and they didn't put the popcorn in it. They left it in a sealed bag, and said I could add the popcorn if I wanted to. So I think shipping it would be easy, still in bag & all. The ears also pull out & bend down. DD uses it as a pool toy & sandbox toy now, so it was worth it! :)

Hot Lava

Those are so adorable. I definitely need to get one also.

Not Disney related, but several years ago we finally went to Seaworld Orlando. I was dying to see the Polar bears, Klondike and Snow. I lived in Denver at the time they were born and raised there. It was pb mania, and so sad when they shipped them off to FL (ostensibly for a better habitat).

We spent all day in the park. And i completely forgot about K&S until the very end of the day. I couldn't believe it and was really kicking myself. Worse, when i did get down there, only Klondike was out, but basically asleep. Turns out, that oh-so-wonderful habitat only allows space for one of them to be out. Additionally, Snow was apparently having skin issues, so they hardly ever had her out.

So sad, and SO stupid on my part to completely space it the whole day.

HouCuseChickie

A couple of years ago, there was a Mary Blair Small World shirt I "possibly" wanted. I'm not big into buying goodies there (although, I'm going to deviate from that this trip w/at least one Disney Dooney), so I didn't scoop up the shirt as soon as I saw it. I thought I'd give myself a little while and go back if I really wanted it...yea...never made it back to get it. I found one on ebay about a year later, but I just couldn't justify the price.

I even took a pic just so I could remember to head back...
6062055525_cb1e839ca9_z.jpg

It's probably an omen that I didn't get it since it's not like it's something I can wear to work...well, that and Le Sportsac introduced the Small World lines. I can at least wear this to work and it's a decent park bag as well...

tumblr_m6b1luiuez1qc1cdao1_500.jpg

So, my forgetting to get what I wanted actually ended well. :)

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
You should call the merchandise line, you can probably buy one & have it sent to you! I really wanted the monorail t-shirt the one year, and DH called them, and they shipped one to us. We got the popcorn bucket for DD a few weeks ago, and they didn't put the popcorn in it. They left it in a sealed bag, and said I could add the popcorn if I wanted to. So I think shipping it would be easy, still in bag & all. The ears also pull out & bend down. DD uses it as a pool toy & sandbox toy now, so it was worth it! :)

I didn't even think of this. OMG. Calling tomorrow morning. THANK YOU!!!

I MUST have one of those Dumbo popcorn holders! My life won't be complete until I have one.

Trust me when i say... I completely understand. It's the same way I feel! :) :)

Thank you guys! <3

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
Update. :(

My friend wasn't able to pick one up for me when he went to WDW for SWW- and wouldn't have had room in his suitcase for it either! :(

WDW Merchandising can't mail one to be because it's an 'in park food service' item with no SKU.

Is anyone going to MK anytime soon and are willing to pick one up (or even mail it from WDW) for me? I'll pay for it and shipping. You can have the popcorn (lol)

:( Please? Anyone? I'm a sad panda now.

Marc Gil

WOW... just saw the photo of one, I can understand how disappointed you are on missing out on one.:(
images
images

Sure hope they have them on hand in SEPT. We eat lots of popcorn in our house and I'd love having a few of those on hand.
I always make a list of things I want to bring home with me, I post the list in my resort and check off what I have gotten and what I've missed so before I leave I can be sure to have everything. Before I started doing that, one time I had to run out to MK and grab an item someone had asked me to get for them and fortunately I had just enough time before the ME pick up. Learned my lesson. Now I post my list.
Whaaaaat??? I have to pick one of these up the next time I go! I never noticed them

Alexis

Awh! Maybe you can get it next time you visit! I wanted one of those, but what a pain to carry around the park...
There are always things I say I'm going to get but wind up not getting... like sometimes I say I want something and then when I actually look at the item and the price, I turn from it.
But this last trip I was prepared, and knew what I wanted when I entered the World of Disney store, wallet ready and all! :)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I was really looking forward to getting a souvenir Mission: Space barf bag until I grabbed one and there was no logo. Letdown! :D

As for totally forgetting though, it would be the cheese pretzel sold at selected locations in the parks. I was totally bummed at missing out on that treat.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/03/25/cream-cheese-pretzel-spotted-in-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Let me try to cheer you up - you should be bummed out for missing out on the cream cheese pretzels. Those things are so awesome, I feel as though they completed my life and caused me to finally become a self actualized human being.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
Awh! Maybe you can get it next time you visit! I wanted one of those, but what a pain to carry around the park...
There are always things I say I'm going to get but wind up not getting... like sometimes I say I want something and then when I actually look at the item and the price, I turn from it.
But this last trip I was prepared, and knew what I wanted when I entered the World of Disney store, wallet ready and all! :)

I mentioned a return trip to WDW, and my wallet ran away and it currently cowering in the corner, crying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom