Gorilla Dung Flung!

Magic Maniacs

Original Poster
On a recent trip to the Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World, my husband stopped to film the gorilla exhibit (with me in the foreground watching them play). I was standing near a very noisy family who kept taunting a large male gorilla. Mind you, there are signs posted next to this family not to yell, or make loud noises while in this exhibit. So, I'm posing for my husband's big film debut and watching this male gorilla reach behind him for what seems to be a minute or so. (I'm stupidly thinking he is scratching himself). The next thing I know the male gorilla has a handfull of poop and is throwing it our way. Boy those suckers can pitch. Around half of the watching spectators were hit, it missed me luckily. My husband said he has never seen me move so fast (after he picked himself off the ground from laughing so hard). Anyway, the on duty animal guide told us that gorillas hate to be teased (don't we all), and dislike loud noises. He told us they throw dung pretty much daily if the crowds are especially noisy. Just a word of warning to those of you visiting the Animal Kingdom Gorilla Exhibit! :D

wdwrules

we had something like that happen also. we were looking at the tigers and 3 little kids in front of us were throwing stones or something like that at them. then all of a sudden the larger tiger stood up, it was about 6ft from the fence, and urinated through the fence and hit one the kids. I thought it was great!:sohappy:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by wdwrules
we had something like that happen also. we were looking at the tigers and 3 little kids in front of us were throwing stones or something like that at them. then all of a sudden the larger tiger stood up, it was about 6ft from the fence, and urinated through the fence and hit one the kids. I thought it was great!:sohappy:

Ok.. I have a story now..Not at WDW, but at the Milwaukee County Zoo... I was much younger...and we went into the Ape House or whatever...I was walking around checking out the exhibit....and I come back and my FATHER...is giving these huge apes the finger..I was sooooooooooo embarrassed... I pretended I did not know him of course and kept moving....but boy did he these things off...they were kicking the glass with all there might and everything...

UGH...OH!..time for therapy!....CYA....LOL :hammer:

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by wdwrules

He was just "marking"him so he could find him again at dinnertime..hehe :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom