Goofy's Brainstormers-Project 8

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
Ok! To-do list. (I will update this throughout thread,even if Im not leader)

•Team Leader
•Brainstorm and Discuss
-Overall Idea
-Theme
-Details
-Loaction
-Layout
•Finalize Idea
•Assign Parts
•Submit Insividual Parts
•Submit Final Project

Criteria:

•New vacation home for Mickey Mouse in Disney's Hollywood Studios.

•Something MORE than your typical Meet and Greet.

•Due: Saturday April 10th 8pm EST.

Jasonflz

How about a full walk through-house with interactive areas. Designed almost like a movie set (full model of house but with outsideside signs advertising it as a movie set) to fit with DHS.

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
How about a full walk through-house with interactive areas. Designed almost like a movie set (full model of house but with outsideside signs advertising it as a movie set) to fit with DHS.

That's good! I wad also thinking each room could represent a different MM era. Starts with Steamboat Wiilie,then the 40s/Fanatsia,50s/Band Leader,60s-90s,modern days. Colors and props represent the era.

Steamboat Willie-Black,White,things to do with boats.

Fanatsia-Bright Colors and flowery decor.

50s-Gold,Red,instruments

60s-90s-Bright colors. More representatation for rest of Fab 5.

Modern Times-Red,Yellow,Black.

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
Also,Jasonflz-How do you feel about leading this round. I have a PACKED week and I feel I wouldn't be able to be a good leader.

Fractal514

My sister is getting married on Saturday, I am in the wedding party and singing at the reception. Plus the rehearsal in on Saturday.

I will develop and write whatever background story is needed for this, but cannot be involved after Thursday night.

What about an apartment?

Fractal514

Ok, Ok...

Mickey's Trailer.

This would be his on set trailer that he would have when filming at the studio. We could use a forced perspective to make it look like it's not very big, but once you step inside it's just huge.

Jasonflz

That's good! I wad also thinking each room could represent a different MM era. Starts with Steamboat Wiilie,then the 40s/Fanatsia,50s/Band Leader,60s-90s,modern days. Colors and props represent the era.

Steamboat Willie-Black,White,things to do with boats.

Fanatsia-Bright Colors and flowery decor.

50s-Gold,Red,instruments

60s-90s-Bright colors. More representatation for rest of Fab 5.

Modern Times-Red,Yellow,Black.

:D Good idea.

Also,Jasonflz-How do you feel about leading this round. I have a PACKED week and I feel I wouldn't be able to be a good leader.

Sure, if no one else wants to.

First big thing is organizing any and all ideas.

Fractal514

Yes, but what do you think about my idea to make it look like it's Mickey's Trailer on the movie set? I think that would be an excellent way of tying in all the movie elements you guys want to include.

Truth be told though, I'm not so keen on making this a Micke retrospective with obvious themes from decade to decade, as I am in making it a part of Mickey's world that came to life in the parks.

Jasonflz

Yes, but what do you think about my idea to make it look like it's Mickey's Trailer on the movie set? I think that would be an excellent way of tying in all the movie elements you guys want to include.

Truth be told though, I'm not so keen on making this a Micke retrospective with obvious themes from decade to decade, as I am in making it a part of Mickey's world that came to life in the parks.

I like the idea of Mickey's trailer also. In fact, the idea of forced perspective is really ingenious. I think we should use this.

Fractal514

Mickey's Trailer

Everyone knows that movie stars get special treatment on the set, and the most recognizable movie star in the world is no different. Mickey Mouse is known world over for having one of the coolest and most interesting trailers of any working actor in Hollywood. Designed by a crack team of engineers, artists, and rumor has it a fairy or two, Mickey's trailer is truly a home away from home for the head of the house of mouse.

Parked right off to the side of the set of his newest movie, Steamboat Willie 2: Pete's Revenge, Mickey has decided to open his trailer up to the public for tours, while the writers pause production to go over the "artistic differences" between the director and the head of the studio.

Guests will be invited to tour the set of Mickey's latest feature (which bears a striking resemblance to the original film, and then tour the stars trailer. Inside quests will soon realize why a little magic was needed in the construction as the trailer itself is several times larger than it appears from the outside.

Rooms include a working office complete with the various awards Mickey has received over the years, a kitchen (complete with Mickey's private chef preparing cheese samples for guests to try), a wardrobe filled with costumes Mickey has been seen in over the years, and of course a bedroom/bathroom filled with wacky items and props collected from various films.

Mickey would be available in two sections, though not both simultaneously. Occasionally Mickey would take time out from paperwork to sign autographs and take pictures in his office. This would allow guests to feel like they're getting to talk to the big cheese head of the company. Secondly, Mickey will go out from time to time for tests shots in his original Black and White Costume, and guests will be able to get a shot of themselves with Mickey, right on the Steamboat.

What do you think?

Jasonflz

Very good.

Fractal, do you mind doing the pictures?

(WDWvacationer, you can do the layout since you called it first)

I'll do the details.

Jasonflz

^That fits. Pluto should get his own superstar status in the trailer.

How about a "schedule" for Mickey hanging up on the wall, discussing the projects he is doing currently. Kind of give a little back-story on the film project.

(I will write this up)

If I can do anything else,let me know. Signage?

Sure, if you want.

Fractal514

Fractal514

Ok, I am going to my sister's wedding. The basic idea is there, as is my description. I also input the pictures. I cannot do the write up, but I hope someone else is. I would really hate to lose two in a row.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom