Goofy removed from Tusker House

drew81

Original Poster
Goofy has been removed from Tusker House character dining(for now). As of now there are only 3 characters at the restaurant: Mickey, Donald and Daisy. This is rumored to be in a trial period.

Animal Kingdom Character Dining's new tagline......

Believing the Guests Won't Notice We Charge the Same Price With One Less Character

The Duck

GAWRSH!!!! Wuz it sumthin I said?

Attachments

• Walt Disney World-2012 218.jpg
    Walt Disney World-2012 218.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 59

JillC LI

With 3 instead of 4 characters, guests will want to spend more time with each one, so it will take longer for them to make a full circuit, and tables will turn over more slowly. They may lose hundreds in revenue each day but they'll save having to pay Goofy that 50 bucks!

I think losing Goofy is a shame, but actually I spend the same amount of time with each character regardless of the # of characters because our family only wants to say a few words and get a photo. So fewer characters means we are out of there faster, not slower. Probably true for others too.

doctornick

I think losing Goofy is a shame, but actually I spend the same amount of time with each character regardless of the # of characters because our family only wants to say a few words and get a photo. So fewer characters means we are out of there faster, not slower. Probably true for others too.

Agree totally. We pretty much are at the buffets for abut 1 cycle of the characters -- usually the amount of time it takes for the characters to work their way through is around the amount of time it takes us to eat our meal.

JWG

Agree totally. We pretty much are at the buffets for abut 1 cycle of the characters -- usually the amount of time it takes for the characters to work their way through is around the amount of time it takes us to eat our meal.

I think this is the reality. We're a small family of 3 and there are times, especially at Chef Mickey's because they have 5 characters at times, where we're ready to go well before we've seen all the characters come through so we slow play our meal to catch them. If you happen to get seated right after they go by and you have to wait for the next go round - you could be there awhile.

That doesn't diminish that fact that character dining is astonishingly overpriced and while we used to do Chef Mickey's every visit - we'll be making our 2nd visit without going as it's not worth it to us unless we really like the food. We'll do Garden Grill in October as our daughter asked and we'll do Ohana' for breakfast because I love the guava juice :happy:

We've started avoiding these types of meals due to cost vs. value.

Figaro928

Is this trial period over? Is Goofy back? Just saw someone posing with the Goof there 1 day ago on instagram.

Still on the fence about booking this place. We go for the character interactions and don't want a hurried one with only 3 characters.

Greenlawler

I think this is the reality. We're a small family of 3 and there are times, especially at Chef Mickey's because they have 5 characters at times, where we're ready to go well before we've seen all the characters come through so we slow play our meal to catch them. If you happen to get seated right after they go by and you have to wait for the next go round - you could be there awhile.

That doesn't diminish that fact that character dining is astonishingly overpriced and while we used to do Chef Mickey's every visit - we'll be making our 2nd visit without going as it's not worth it to us unless we really like the food. We'll do Garden Grill in October as our daughter asked and we'll do Ohana' for breakfast because I love the guava juice :happy:

We've started avoiding these types of meals due to cost vs. value.

Agreed with avoiding based on value, especially since one of the main reasons we did CD was to not have to wait in character lines in the parks. However just thimnking and I could be wrong, but this would not help you getting out of the restaurant faster would it? Seems to me like the three characters there still have to greet every family. What am I missing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom